Leave it in the sun. Or wash it. Or both.

964ST

War Hero
Wear it here

AWI Halley Station.jpg

Within a week in the ozone hole its colour will be sucked-out!!

Halley.jpg

It’s where Michael Jackson went from “IC3” to “IC1”. Alledgedlly!?

Last edited:
It won't go the colour of MTP. I have old DPM webbing that is older than some serving soldiers, and it is still no where near MTP.

MTP isn't just lighter DPM, it's a whole new colour set.

Faded DPM looks like faded DPM.

It won't go the colour of MTP. I have old DPM webbing that is older than some serving soldiers, and it is still no where near MTP.

MTP isn't just lighter DPM, it's a whole new colour set.

Faded DPM looks like faded DPM.
I was hoping paler, faded DPM colours will be a closer match to the lighter overall colouring of MTP.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
paint your MTP to be brighter

DarkBrig

War Hero
I've still got a set of lurid coloured jungle DPM somewhere, they look as though I did a 6 month tour in Chernobyl.

I guess you could try bleaching it.

Or failing that, go old-school on it with a couple of spray paint cans!

'58 Pattern
How would I paint '58 webbing to use as an Old School alternative to MTP webbing? Patterned or a faint all over covering? White or tan?
I'm hoping the Allyness would distract from the age of the kit.

'58 Pattern
How would I paint '58 webbing to use as an Old School alternative to MTP webbing? Patterned or a faint all over covering? White or tan?
I'm hoping the Allyness would distract from the age of the kit.

Look on yootoob for multicam painting tutorials then go buy yourself some Krylon paint, and masking tape.Basically a tan base coat, some faded in and out light green, some dark green, and brown splodges, with a few small white highlight areas.

Or, you could go for the THEM GW1 look; give the webbing an all over light dusting of tan, tie it behind a Lanny on a 10 metre long rope, and then do a couple of laps around a training area towing it behind................of course then you would be obliged to stick it up on eb@y as original THEM issue kit and make a mortgage deposit off some airsofter.........for the authentic GW1 ingrained sand effect get down the kids play park and drag it around a sand pit for a few minutes.

Take it for a swim the ocean, give it a srub with stiff bristle brush, dry in the sunlight (if you have that in the UK) for a few days then rinse in fresh water, dry in sunlight. Repeat until desired result achieved.

Last edited:

B42T

LE
I've still got a set of lurid coloured jungle DPM somewhere, they look as though I did a 6 month tour in Chernobyl.

strange stuff that jungle DPM, one of my sets was faded to f**k, the other just stayed in it's original glow in the dark colour.
I used both sets on various patrols with the infantry, why this is I have no idea.

....for the authentic GW1 ingrained sand effect get down the kids play park and drag it around a sand pit for a few minutes.

Don't forget to wipe off the cat shit afterwards. Wouldn't want to off your potential market for further ally bling.

Latest Threads