FAD Belts

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by AlphaKennyThing, Aug 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hallo potential helpers,

I'm sorting my FAD out at the minute as I've got a few minutes spare on leave (and want to make sure its all there after a move) and I've realised my issued brown fabric belt is designed for someone with a 40"+ waist, and I'm a 32". The last time I wore this rig was at my pass out parade over two years ago, where I wore a white belt, so I've never used the brown one.

So that made me wonder, what belt is acceptable to wear with it? Do I go back to work and get a replacement brown belt, or should I procure a white belt?

Seen people wearing both. But then at Blandford I saw people wearing an olive green issue belt with it too.

Please, educate me!
  2. I assume you're Signals from your mention of Blandford.

PD 161 (Corps Dress), No 2 Dress, soldiers:

Cloth belt not worn, although if you really think you need one, ring the Tailoress at Blandford. Last time I looked she had a huge box of unwanted cloth belts.
  3. Nah I'll go without it then and get hold of a white one. Better to need it and not have than have it and not need it etc.

And yeah I am Signals, bit far removed from Blandford at the minute though. Cheers for the help.