Facing PAP 10 Admin Discharge Medical Grouds - Advise Please

E

electricdonkey

Hello,

This seems to be a popular topic on here so apologies if I go over old ground, I thought I might be best as things change and not all of my questions have been answered by previous posts.

So I am now looking down the barrel of a PAP10 Admin Discharge - Med Grounds, I am currently P7S7 Temp which is expected by my care team to become permanent at the 6 month point. They are saying that once it goes permanent that my regiment will more than likely apply for PAP10 Admin Discharge on Medical Grounds.

What financial assistance can I expect to receive WRT lump sum and pension payments if anything?

I'm a Sgt (High band 3) and at the probable time of discharge I will have been in for roughly 13yrs.

Thank you for any advise you can offer, if you need anything else please PM.

All this should be explained to you as part of the PA 10 process. Your Admin Office, Career Manager/RCMO and CoC should be your first ports of call. Forces Pension Society and/or RBL may also be able to point you to where your own information is held.

If you are getting an administrative discharge you will get a preserved pension and lump sum based on your length of service and rank for pension (AFPS 75)/ final pensionable pay (AFPS 05). If you have 12 years reckon able you would qualify for a Resettlement Grant.

If you are a Forces Pension Society member, contact pension pensionenquiries@forpen.co.uk and either David or Anthony will give you personalised facts and figures.

chimera

LE
Thank you for replying,

I was lead to believe that a Admin discharge on med grounds would result in an immediate payment / pension as my injury is a direct result of service...? Unfortunetly I am not a member of the above organisation.
Join?!

I'm in the same boat at the minute too. Firstly it depends if your unit can employ you. If not the wider Army may be able to. If no employment is found you get med discharge. If you refuse any job including a transfer you do not get an IP. Read the PAP 10 pam. It's all explained in there.

If anyone is still following this link :(

Is the Pap10 admin discharge on medical grounds the same as a normal Pap10 admin discharge or have I misunderstood completely.

I've done 18 years with over 3000 days LSA, not looking for applause, just to show I'm not a sherker. Any and all abuse accepted.

I'm looking at a permanent down grade from a 2 man review board this week for arthritis. Doc has already told me it's going to be permanent. My trade group won't allow anything below MLD P3 as a SGT.

After advice as what to expect off this board, the next Etc......

Good points, bad points, truths and realities all accepted with gratitude.

A nother Cog,

Did you get an answer on what's happening to you? I was sent home PO as I have been PMND since last Mar, was told I would be medically discharged and now Occ Health have decided I'm not injured enough for them so I will be admin discharge?

I've done 18yrs and there is no way I can do another 4yrs in full time work, will I now lose all of my years pension?

A nother Cog,

Did you get an answer on what's happening to you? I was sent home PO as I have been PMND since last Mar, was told I would be medically discharged and now Occ Health have decided I'm not injured enough for them so I will be admin discharge?

I've done 18yrs and there is no way I can do another 4yrs in full time work, will I now lose all of my years pension?
P0 and getting an Admin discharge? How are they justifying that FFS?

I've had no joy at all yet. When people say it takes a very long time, they are not joking. I've had upto date scans and everything reaffirmed. I'm now P7MND awaiting assessment from OH. I have a point of injury reported on the med system and I'm still not sure what they can do. No body seems to want to put they're names to anything.

Tabbing and work related. I've got my second med board this week coming so I'll see what they say. I'll ask some direct questions and see what answers I get. I would rather sign off then get an admin discharge. No lump sum but a considerably larger pension when I'm nearly dead

I think it depends on the injury and how it was caused.
I could understand it if the injury was not caused by service but it seems a little odd that being classed as P0 isn't injured enough for OH to medically discharge him/her. Mind you there's no comment on a Med Board so maybe there's some confusion for the poster.

Just so no one is reading false info, Pap10 has been replaced with a slightly updated and version with a few things added in and old bits changed. When I get the correct info I'll post it on here.

Two injuries both sustained on duty and the Army have accepted in writing they were sustained as a result of my service I am now L6 on the JMES function table but according occ Health they do not believe I meet the P8 criteria.