Facilities at certain training establishments

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Cavalier, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a mooch around the site for a comprehensive 'first-hand' guide to training establishments and grounds; such as facilities, accommodation, mess and cookhouse tales.

Can anyone tell me if Brecon has a cash machine? Joining Instructions always state that there are no means of pay parade on site, but nothing about cash machines or cash-back in the Spar!?

Also (for the MODS) if it doesn't raise any security issues, is there any harm in putting together a list of sites and their facilities based on first-hand experience and advice (rather than rely on JI's or websites?)

We could even market it, and sell it to Thompsons as a holiday brochure? Whatdoyareckon?

2. Sorry, I was watching your avatar, what was the question again?

3. Can I vote this as the most bone non-OTC thread this year?

4. Still wanna know about cash machines

Not really keen on taking two weeks worth of beer tokens and stuffing them in to my mattress (due to a mass locker break-in one course!)

5. leave it behind the bar at the Sarah Siddons; you'll end up there anyway...

( still bone though, dude... )

6. If your going on a course at Brecon, you won't need two weeks worth of beer tokens.

The once or twice that you get to go down town use a cash machine there!

Of course things could have changed. It's a long time since I was there maybe it's all cotton wool and chocolate now, but I doubt it. Your going there to run your bollocks off and learn, not to go on the lash.

7. You don't need cash most bars accept coal unless you go for a meal out in which case take a sheep :twisted:

8. Is that to pay with, or eat?

9. To blend in with the locals.

10. Velcro gloves at the ready.