facial recognition, matching faces

hi all, do we have anyone on this site that can through their job compare faces, maybe bone structure to confirm a face in an old photo is a certain person, this is nothing untoward as is a photo of me I want confirming, so i can say that is definitely me..heres hoping
bye for now jimmy

any hope lads :D

help really needed.

oh well last go..

I could be going a bit mad here, but, you want someone, to look at a picture of you, and then tell you, its you?

jimmyoc said:
hi all, do we have anyone on this site that can through their job compare faces, maybe bone structure to confirm a face in an old photo is a certain person, this is nothing untoward as is a photo of me I want confirming, so i can say that is definitely me..heres hoping
bye for now jimmy
I'll do it for £400

Get yourself locked up in a big city. Most Police custody suites have the facility now. Just ask them to oblige (I'm sure they will) by adding your childhood photograph. :D

However considering it has linked me to a 46 year old african bloke I wouldn't rely on it.

hi yes, four people who were there confirmed me as the man in the photo, but it is not a very good quality photo, i was unconscious, it does look like me, but i have contacted the photographer he says it is not me, even though he did not know and has never met me, i am now older and fatter but facial features such as bone structure stay the same.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2584/3774046813_8e7b9d5599_o.jpg
ps i have a glass eye i am not looking at camera.. :D

Attachments

Do you have a pic, mid time between the two?

First impression is yes, but an interim piccy would help.

Check your PMs

hi i have one before..

Attachments

I spend my time comparing identity documents and people who hold them and FWIW I don't think it's you in the casualty photo. I can see that your nostrils are very much the same in the two photos that are of you, but the nose of the bandaged casualty is much thinner. But that's just my opinion. If you were one of my 'customers' I'd have to give you the benefit of the doubt!

Gubmint_Agent said:
I spend my time comparing identity documents and people who hold them and FWIW I don't think it's you in the casualty photo. I can see that your nostrils are very much the same in the two photos that are of you, but the nose of the bandaged casualty is much thinner. But that's just my opinion. If you were one of my 'customers' I'd have to give you the benefit of the doubt!

Allow for age, and the fact that the injury is on the "blind side", then add age into the mix!

Look at the feature line on the RH side as you look.

hi i appreciate the help but the nostrel,,the photo is pretty poor and i dont think you can see the side wall of the nostrel, plus every thing else fits,

Attachments

jimmyoc said:
hi i appreciate the help but the nostrel,,the photo is pretty poor and i dont think you can see the side wall of the nostrel, plus every thing else fits,
Stupid question but does your memory fit?

Not being a pr1ck (for once) but do you recall the incident at all? Is the positioning of the FFD's consistant with scars/markings you have? Were you there? :D

I'm willing to bet that with similar injuries, similar facial features and unbiassed accounts from others then its going to be you.

i cannot recall as i was unconscious but i was casi vacted with the bloke to my left as we look at photo, and on the bw photo you can see the broken cheek bone, and when you really blow it up there is a small circular scar underneath
the left eye which i also have, but the photographer is doing my head in,

jimmyoc said:
i cannot recall as i was unconscious but i was casi vacted with the bloke to my left as we look at photo, and on the bw photo you can see the broken cheek bone, and when you really blow it up there is a small circular scar underneath
the left eye which i also have, but the photographer is doing my head in,
Do you want to know if it was you, in order to mess around the photographer? If you haven't made it clear what your motives are, then perhaps he's being a cnut to avoid hassle

hi i dont want mess anyone about least of all the photographer, i just wanted to remove any doubt,
here are two emails off two blokes who dont know each other but were there
one a 3 para bloke and secondly a 16 field amb medic
The black & white photograph, in which I named you as a wounded soldier, was taken shortly after reaching the lower rocks. I met up with John Kennedy, and one other, who informed us that we needed to move some casualties out of the line of fire. That was my first recollection of you. It was now daylight. I don't know who carried you but you were left propped against a small rock, behind Steve Hope. John moved over and started to apply a drip to someone I didn't know. Steve Hope had been dropped twice so Mac McFarlane started to adjust his field dressing and check life-signs. As the first photograph was taken two mortars landed. I am seen kneeling beside Steve Hope holding my helmet with my right hand. Mac McFarlane is leaning over Steve Hope, as he was applying a new field dressing, and the wound was exposed. He was trying to keep flying debris out of the wound. The other guy for 7 Platoon (unclear to me) assisted in protecting Steve's wound. You were on your own at this point, as the picture clearly shows.
At this point I moved over to you to check your life signs. I remember your field dressing had been lifted as seen in the picture. I took your pulse and placed another field dressing over the wound. I stayed with you for about 10 minutes. I took off your gloves and massaged your hands trying to get circulation back into your fingers. I also remember blowing warm breath onto your icy hands cupped in mine. As for the jacket, I'm unclear. I think you had on a windproof but I couldn't swear to it. When they took the causality away to your right (as you look at the photograph) I pulled over the poncho and tucked it around you to keep you warm.
As I said I was with you for about 10 minutes. Then they took you away.
I hope this helps you understand why you were dropped, and why you looked abandoned in the picture. You were not alone. I stayed with you until you were casivaced. I never mentioned this to you before because I didn't think it needed rehashing, until you asked the question.
~ Steve
the medic
Jimmy
I am almost certain that it is you in the photograph. I remember you now and also remember Neil Parkin (23 PFA - who sadly died of cancer a few years ago) taking a jacket of one off the Argy casualties who were in the RAP and placing it on a 3 Para soldier who was drifting in and out of consciousness and shivering, I believe that soldier was you. I was there helping when the casevac helicopter came in and I believe that is me lying on the ground next to Steve Hope in the second picture when Roger James is being helped towards the chopper. I remember sheltering his face from the flying debris thrown up by the rotors.
Good to see the picture of you and John Kennedy, please pass on my regards to him and Craig, Spike (did 9 Sqn pre para and PCoy with Spike) and Stotty (has he got any teeth yet !!) - all good lads.
Thanks for contacting me Jimmy and I hope this helps clarify somethings, the more I think about it I am certain it is you in the picture as the Argy jacket and the similar injuries are to much of a coincidence.
All the best Jimmy and take care.