Facial Hair

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by slimjim, Apr 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I had to pick some recruits up from Grantham at the weekend, I was waiting for them to finish and I couldn't help but notice the more than usual amount of tash bearing soldiers walking around...

What's it all about, cant see the attraction myself, I kinda of look at a tash and think face mullet???

Do they have some sort of women magnetism that only those who dare bear the lip rug know about?

2. The squaddie tache is so 80's. Mag to gridded mine in the early 90's, and never looked back. I trapped the missus way before I started growing it.

3. I had one for a while in the mid 80s. Got rid because I looked like Basil Fawlty. I tried to grow a beard when I was 17 but shaved it off when it was pointed out that I resembled the Yorkshire ripper. Now people tell me I look like Bruce Willis.

I have probably missed out on a great career as a look a like.

4. Yeah right, like Peter Sutcliffe needs a stunt double.

5. Might of made bit of cash at a whores Christmas party.

6. Especially once they got hammered.........

7. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Tashes are pants unless is a a dinger/smudge type gringo tash as worn by them. Now sideys are different had an SSM who grew his so that they came down and formed a tash

8. hahahaha

9. So 80's?...muuahahahahahaha.....started in the late 60's....still got mine and the beard to match....well 'ard then, still well 'ard now :lol:

10. I think with some fo the guys growing them in the 'Stan it might start making a come back.

God, I hope not.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Facial hair is a sign of wisdom, dignity and elegance. Especially if comprises a moustache and neatly trimmed beard, all in a rather fetching silver colour.

12. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

so now we all know what you look like? :lol:

13. No mine is a sign of a lazy twat who saved time on shaving, also avoids major blood haemorrhage when trying to get ready for parade pished (quite common in 80s and the 90s and well also the 00is.

14. Not on my follically unchallenged wife it dosent!!

15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

But when she keeps her teeth in, it does fill out her cheeks and enhances the beard nicely.