Facial hair in Civvy street

Chaps what are your experiences of having a Beard at work?
Does your firm allow this or are there guidelines, my firm does and i have been asked to remove facial hair as it is not the image the Firm wishes to portray!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me chaps but i am sure that i am now in Civvy street!

RCGJ

RedcoatGreenjacket said:
Does your firm allow this or are there guidelines, my firm does and i have been asked to remove facial hair as it is not the image the Firm wishes to portray!!!!!!!!!!

RCGJ
Tell your firm to get fcuked as you aren't paid by them 24hrs a day. Ask them if it's because they think it makes you look like a Seikh and watch them sh1t themselves.

Unfortunately there is a difference between growing a beard and having it neatly trimmed and just not shaving.

Is this workplace ban on beard due to h+s regs or something ?

RedcoatGreenjacket said:

RCGJ
Just tell them it's a result of the hormone treatment prior to your full sex change op! Just watch the necks snap back in trying to avoid the tribunal.

P-T

I was asked at an interview at an American shipping company if i would be prepared to shave off my beard.

They also only allowed their staff to wear white shirts.

F*ckin 'murkins.

G

Goku

Make a move over to the scruffy world of IT.
My office doesn’t care what I look like so long as I keep their network ticking over.

I last shaved Friday and don’t intend to shave again until my next drill night :D

Oooow hark at me

Hi,

I can't find any Employment Law stating that the employer can enforce this however they can have 'guidelines' which they can ask you to adhere to if you are public/customer facing or if you have safety reasons for needing to trim your beard, however sacking you for not doing so could constitute unfair dismissal.

You could contact the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation and ask for some advise)

Fact

I have a beard, sometimes. Not because it looks good/smart/intellectual...but because I am now a lazy civvy. I sometimes shave for a night out, or just get the clippers out for a no1 on my grid.

No-one's ever tried to tell me to shave.

Markintime said:
BiscuitsAB said:
as long as you can shave your legs and wear a skirt to work and they must call you Julie.
Did it work for you biscuits?
Exceptionally well, except I'm now called Jennifer! The Boss now treads very carefully and I get to demand extra, extra spethiall treatment. It would not unfortunately work for your good self on the grounds of you having two heads and them both being ugly :wink:

If your working in food prep etc, they supply you with a beard snood. Apparently customers dont like greying pubic hairs in their food. Unless its a Beefeater,where its compulsory

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
smiffy_the_ferret ACF 40
Fuzzy Bear Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 15
slimjim The NAAFI Bar 36