Faceless Bureaucrats - the brakes on progression.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tattybadger, May 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My liver's fizzing today. Either Pararegtom, Gungy 3 or Storman Norman are deliberately sabotaging my life to watch me fume or the civil service really is, by and large, staffed and led by half-witted baboons intent on hindering progess and stifling the private sector through endless reams of turgid and nugatory paperwork, thus adding absolutley no value to society and draining the country's wealth.

Today's joy - faceless bureacractic civil servants in some corner of the HMRC empire destroying documents because they're 3 months old, thus causing me to have to redo endless banal forms (each asking for the same information) and setting back a process by 1Q. Capped by being given three seperate vsns of events and possible outcomes. They cannot email me, they cannot phone me ..... they can only fax me. Our fax machine has had one document through it this Q - from the same bone HMRC office. Comms in papua new guinea in the 18th century were more efficient and modern than in the land of nod that these people inhabit.

I am reminded of watching hundreds of MoD civil servants who sat behind endless spreadsheets looking at civilian capitation rates or some other crap and contributing nothing whatsoever to defenc e or society in general. Or the civil servants who gave me the two seperate costings for something that had a 25% discrepancy between them.

It's high time that nugatory work was eliminated from the civil service and that it became an efficient, lean organisation that added value to society and doesn't drain the country's resources conducting archaic processes in a ponderous and inefficient fashion.

Come the revolution ............ :x
  2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I am glad to see that HMRC, responds to Anonymous phonecalls quickly and is dilligent in tracking down Tax benefit, and expence fraudsters, Errr maybe not!!!

And why is a Bakers Dozen 144 Sounds like an MP,s claim sheet.
  3. fecking civil servants have to atke some blame for that gargantuan cockup too.

Civil Servants - they are neither!
  4. Try getting someone a visa. It's bad enough at the best of times, but the introduction of the new PBS has been a farce and the outsourcing criminally negligent.

Surely it's not too much to ask that the people who're supposed to implement a system actually understand it? Preferably before they open their fat, flatulent gobs?
  6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Still trying to clear a qn from 2007/8 tax, last letter fm HMRC said sorry we have destroyed last input, pse resend. Eight weeks later no response so have written in again (letter no 6, same details sent 3 times). Will try my MP next.
  7. With respect - photo-stat every communication to 'Stalin's' empire.

Register each communication.

Copy every communication to your MP (provided he or she is NOT Labour - if so, send to your Tory/Lib/Dem candidate).

Keep an entire file for eventual production to your lawyer.

The trouble mainly being that 'Stalin' has so complicated every aspect of tax, that nobody understands even the simplest aspects.

Additionally, the educational system having broken down - probably terminally - means that young people offering themselves for employment can barely read and write.

Education. Education. Education. - T.Bliar. The most worthless words ever uttered by a politician.