• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Facebook question

#1
Good afternoon, I have just received this message on Facebook:

Hello,

Please excuse my direct approach, but I wonder if you could help a fellow soldier.

As part of my degree dissertation I am doing some research and need some feedback. It would be greatly appreciated if you could spare some of your valuable time to answer a quick question for me?

If you are willing please type as long or as short response as you wish to the question below. It would also be helpful if you could include your rank, Corps and length of service.

But please be assured those are all the details I will use, all responses are completely anonymous and will not compromise yours or the Army's confidentiality as it will be used purely in an academic context.

Many thanks,

Hannah Ingram

*Do you think that soldiers respond differently to male and female officers?*
Anbody else received this message?

Jurno or not?
Although probally this person is genuine. just thought I would ask, should I answer, nothing really to do with OPSEC but could be trying to get a bit of dirt on the British Army.

Cheers
Y_W
 
#2
Ignore it YW. Just look how many fruit loops we get on here, the last thing you need is a stalker.
 
#3
I doubt its a journo but judging by the question I suspect there is a preconcieved agenda and she's just now looking for the answers to support her conclusion.

I'd not touch her with yours ;)
 
#4
Ord_Sgt said:
I doubt its a journo but judging by the question I suspect there is a preconcieved agenda and she's just now looking for the answers to support her conclusion.

I'd not touch her with yours ;)
Fair one wasen't gonna do anyway! Couldn't think of what to put anyway, too many big words for a fick infanteer like me.

Cheers for the advice
Y_W
 

atko

Old-Salt
#5
Yeah I've got the same message, was just going to answer 'yes' but I'm not even sure I can be bothered to do that.
 
#6
Not that you asked me. But I have some background in research, and the question above as posed is crap. Randomly non-screened people off Facebook are a polluted sample, and any research supervisor worth his salt would kick it back as junk. Also, as commented earlier, a loose question like this only points to a pre-biased conclusion. So this is either a really, really bad student or a journo.

If you want to help, but you want to guarantee that your answers don't end up in the lead story of a tabloid, ask this person for her course/University name, and a contact number of her supervisor so you can verify her participation. Which is what you should have been offered in the first place when approached randomly, "serving soldier" or not.
 
#7
TankiesYank said:
Not that you asked me. But I have some background in research, and the question above as posed is crap. Randomly non-screened people off Facebook are a polluted sample, and any research supervisor worth his salt would kick it back as junk. Also, as commented earlier, a loose question like this only points to a pre-biased conclusion. So this is either a really, really bad student or a journo.

If you want to help, but you want to guarantee that your answers don't end up in the lead story of a tabloid, ask this person for her course/University name, and a contact number of her supervisor so you can verify her participation. Which is what you should have been offered in the first place when approached randomly, "serving soldier" or not.
Top advice
But bollox to that, too much work, would rather tell her to fcuk off

Y_W
 
#8
Is she a looker?
 
#9
Yorkshire_Warrior said:
Top advice
But bollox to that, too much work, would rather tell her to fcuk off
Or that, yes.

But what if she's hot? :)
 
#11
Had a look at all the Hannah Ingrams on Facebook. Of the 25 or so people with that name there are only a couple of decent looking ones (and they are a bit chavvy).

The rest are mingers.
 
#13
I've done worse.

"Fellow soldier", she doesn't look fat enough and how's she going to get that explosion in a mattress factory haircut under a battle bowler?
 
#15
Fellow soldier? where? She can't be - unless she is on one of them mythical "in service degrees" and hasn't had a haircut for the whole 3 years!

Avoid her like the plague.
 
#17
Someone could always wind her up with the Sarah Jane Chubb profile that hangs around on Facebook... still have no idea who's behind that one!
 
#19
Older_by_the_day said:
Someone could always wind her up with the Sarah Jane Chubb profile that hangs around on Facebook... still have no idea who's behind that one!
The owner of the profile did own up - somebody put in a friend request, and Chubb's owner come clean!
 
#20
I didn't realise they came clean! Just that they (in Chubb form) informed everyone someone had tried to hit on them!

Teach me to spend my days at work actually working! :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top