Facebook question

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Yorkshire_Warrior, Aug 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good afternoon, I have just received this message on Facebook:

Anbody else received this message?

Jurno or not?
    Although probally this person is genuine. just thought I would ask, should I answer, nothing really to do with OPSEC but could be trying to get a bit of dirt on the British Army.

Cheers
    Y_W

2. Ignore it YW. Just look how many fruit loops we get on here, the last thing you need is a stalker.

3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I doubt its a journo but judging by the question I suspect there is a preconcieved agenda and she's just now looking for the answers to support her conclusion.

I'd not touch her with yours ;)

4. Fair one wasen't gonna do anyway! Couldn't think of what to put anyway, too many big words for a fick infanteer like me.

Cheers for the advice
    Y_W

5. Yeah I've got the same message, was just going to answer 'yes' but I'm not even sure I can be bothered to do that.

6. Not that you asked me. But I have some background in research, and the question above as posed is crap. Randomly non-screened people off Facebook are a polluted sample, and any research supervisor worth his salt would kick it back as junk. Also, as commented earlier, a loose question like this only points to a pre-biased conclusion. So this is either a really, really bad student or a journo.

If you want to help, but you want to guarantee that your answers don't end up in the lead story of a tabloid, ask this person for her course/University name, and a contact number of her supervisor so you can verify her participation. Which is what you should have been offered in the first place when approached randomly, "serving soldier" or not.

7. Top advice
    But bollox to that, too much work, would rather tell her to fcuk off

Y_W

8. Is she a looker?

9. Or that, yes.

But what if she's hot? :)

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Theres always one :D

11. Had a look at all the Hannah Ingrams on Facebook. Of the 25 or so people with that name there are only a couple of decent looking ones (and they are a bit chavvy).

The rest are mingers.

12. Depends what you're into??

Attached Files:

13. I've done worse.

"Fellow soldier", she doesn't look fat enough and how's she going to get that explosion in a mattress factory haircut under a battle bowler?

14. And it's always Fins... :roll: :D

15. Fellow soldier? where? She can't be - unless she is on one of them mythical "in service degrees" and hasn't had a haircut for the whole 3 years!

Avoid her like the plague.