Facebook data theft risk

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Manchester_Events, May 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Personal details of Facebook users could potentially be stolen, the BBC technology programme Click has found.

The popular social networking site allows users to add a variety of applications to their profile.

But a malicious program, masquerading as a harmless application, could potentially harvest personal data.

Facebook says users should exercise caution when adding applications. Any programs which violate their terms will be removed, the network said"

Did you know that FB DO NOT check data code for applications - thus putting your personal details/data at risk!!

shocked 8O :? 8O
  2. Didnt you put a link to a facebook page in your begging bowl for Burma thread?
  3. Hence the reason why I deleted everything on my account and shut it down.
  4. There's a saying, 'If you can't shout it out in church, don't say it on the telephone.'

You should apply this rule equally to any internet site containing your personal data.

I have worked with people who could find out everything about you from just an e-mail.
  5. that's a link to a group within FB, and contains a link to the DEC website - a FB group is not an application which is external to FB 8)
  6. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7395344.stm