Face that fits

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by BugsTheBarsteward, Apr 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello chaps and 'lo mates.

As a British, white caucasian in the application process for OPMI the above phrase is something I'm hearing a lot about.
    I'm not in the masons and not planning on joining that club. You folks seem to like mentioning what a pat on the back is all about so I need to know quite what you mean by this turn of phrase.

"Face that fits", does that mean nice, middle-class, white boys that have dropped out of university? Well-spoken and not too rough?
    Or is it more on the 'potential to bat for the backsides team'?

Is it necessary to have a hobby/interest that one can drop to uphold the image of the int corps being a bit 'special'. I don't know, chess?

There are a fair few insinuations going about and I'm beginning to be worried that it might be more than just people that are a bit along on the bell curve upset they aren't getting the 'treatment' compared to the other soliders.

Me, I wants to do a job and some runs around and have a pleasant drink or two in the process. Is the warning about ambitious individuals that will sh*t on each other to get a better posting?

Your's kindly,

Bugs

2. I'm sorry, I am having trouble understanding what you are on about.

Have you failed to get into the INT CORPS and are blaming it on the fact that you are not a Freemason?

3. To have 'A face that fits' is not about falsehoods or bluffing (IMHO). Its about being right for the job in question.
    Some people are naturally good communicators, easy to get along with and work excellently under pressure and can operate comfortably in many enviroments. It is these people whoes face 'fits', what you are aspiring to be is a bluffer (one of the lowest of the low) who has no idea of how to acheive what they want without emulating someone who has already done it. Just try to be yourself, or if you are loud, abrasive and a pain in the arrse, just keep your mouth shut and you should be OK.

4. There've been murmers and implied implications. I just want to know where these folks are coming from and whether to take them seriously. Masons are a lovely lot but that was only one type of club you pinged from a number of examples.
    Looking for straight answers, thanks.

5. We seem to have a recent outbreak of people translating opinions from the original Serbo Croat via babelfish and then posting here.

6. Implied implications 8O

Sounds serious, what do they imply?

7. And translating back again no doubt. What part of Journal do you think he's from?

8. I'm hoping to work with decent people that will get a job done. Not enter a political snakepit.
    A number of members of this forum and the corps have issued warnings, often followed by "All will be made clear...".
    I'd just like to be clear on whatever it is they're talking about. Sooner, rather than later.
    Thanks.

9. In that case, I have absoultely no idea what you are talking about.

10. So ask a straight question

11. Good question LB. Need an infanteer to get to the heart of the problem. That's the problem with us Slime, to convoluted.

12. I have to keep it simple as I really am stupid.

Now where's Bugs gone? I want to see his fine analytical mind in action

13. A lot of posts and not a lot said. Is this how it works :D

14. Bugs how it works is you ask a question and we'll have a punt at answering it.

I'm afraid I couldn't untangle your white boy in the Masons post to have a bash.

So what's the question?