Face of Falklands yomping Marine...

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Gundulph, Jun 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay the Article is very '2007' but I couldn't find it in ARRSE by searching, for anyone who ever wondered who was the face behind the booty carrying the Union Jack while yomping into Port Stanley in 82, check out the article:

[align=center]Linky[/align]

2. Thanks for the link, pretty interesting

3. I read this story maybe 10/15 years ago, it was no mystery then who the lad was and as far as I am aware there was nothing "sinster" about it, he just put the flag there. :? Looking at the length of the colum I doubt if the flag would have made any difference regarding ID friend /foe.

Jim

4. Best photo of the 1980s IMHO...

5. He Sold his medals on ebay last year, used the 'Flag' story to advertise them and increaase value.

6. Ahhhhhh!! Thank you.

I knew there had been some sort of "scandal" about him on Arrse before.

7. There ya go. The thread about his medals on eBay:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=1370436.html#1370436

8. Quality photo,it's one of many I have on my locker at work to noise up my collegues,that and a black & white shot of some Green Jackets rattaling a rioter in 1970's Ulster.

Glad to see the ex wife putting the boot in -
    "He would try and find ways of introducing it into conversations when he met people and when he was down the pub"

Hehe,bloody woman,eh? I could see my Mrs pulling that shite with me as well.

9. He didn't sell them in the end. I was watching the auction and he withdrew them. Not sure if he sold them privately.

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Lightweight.

If really wanted to wind them up you would have a framed photo of the RGJ, a long handle spade, a landrover and a Cyprus tourism brochure - in Danish :twisted: