Face Book: A Victim of Creeping Censorship or are They the Ones pulling the Strings?

J*** S****

What's the story with the 1956 Plymouth crest? Is it really racist? For years as I'd polish it I'd look at it but never really thought it was something bad. Does anyone have any background about it. I don't want to be seen as driving around with something equivalent to a swastika on my hood. I really can't argue and defend my car except that it's vintage American styling and something original to that era. Anyone got any ideas what was discussed in the boardroom when they decided to use that crest? Anyone removing it in fear of getting the car smashed?

NOS Hood Ornament for 1956 Plymouth.jpg

This query, seemingly genuine, was posted to the Forward Look group Facebook site on 1 July 2020. It asks if the emblem is “racist” as apparently the person who asked the question was accused of “racism” by some knot head knob who saw the poster’s car at a car show today in upstate New York. There were some replies and most of them were along the lines that it was the silliest thing they had ever heard. Racism? Stuff and nonsense man!

I even commented on the OP’s query and I told him that he must had heard some fake news because I had never heard that the design of the 1956 Plymouth hood ornament was “racist”. In fact, though, even if someone had said that the emblem was “racist”, (of which I was doubtful) I wouldn’t let it bother me as I wouldn’t give a flying **** for that ignorant asshole’s opinions. I told the OP to man up and grow a pair. I can be pushed, but I can be pushed only so far - THIS FAR, AND NO FARTHER.

I thought it would be an interesting posting to add to my Quotable Quotes collection, so I started copying the original post and some of the many comments to add to my daybook. Much to my surprise though, Facebook took down the post in real time even before I could get some of the juicer comments copied, and it is gone now. All I managed to get was the original poster’s question and a picture of the “offensive” item in question. Facebook seems to be doing a pretty good job of censorship and I wonder whose side they are on?

For what it’s worth, the emblem seems to consist of two elements: 1.) a sailing ship, meant to represent the Mayflower Pilgrim ship, and 2.) two Indians or Native Americans kneeling and offering up some present in their raised hands. To whom? Presumably to the arriving English colonists. The design may have been derived from the Seal of the Plymouth Plantation which was struck in 1629:

Plymouth-Colony-Seal-circa-1629.png

It probably did not occur to the designers in the Styling Department of Chrysler Motors in the 1950s that it would ever become a subject of controversy. They probably didn’t think about it at all at the time in that way, and anyway, the design was dropped for the 1957 models and not used again.

Some idiots will find a reason to be offended at anything, and we should discourage that mindset and not give in. Enough is Enough.

Some of these weirdo triggered people think that by just being white is enough to class you as a racist - it's just a shiny badge FFS, just ignore these idiots, they will soon go away. All stuff like this does is make people despise these weirdo's, and puts race relations back a few years.
The fact that you are even asking if a badge is racist, just shows how stupid & undemocratic the population is becoming - the vast majority of people are getting sick of this shit, if it continues much more you will end up seeing the rise of the far right.

Think of it as a good way to identify those seeking to cause trouble. They'll be the first ones into the cooking pot when the Zombie Apocalypse kicks off.

Some of these weirdo triggered people think that by just being white is enough to class you as a racist - it's just a shiny badge FFS, just ignore these idiots, they will soon go away. All stuff like this does is make people despise these weirdo's, and puts race relations back a few years.
The fact that you are even asking if a badge is racist, just shows how stupid & undemocratic the population is becoming - the vast majority of people are getting sick of this shit, if it continues much more you will end up seeing the rise of the far right.
Followed by a doubling down on this stupidity qs woke politics are THE way to combat the rights influence

Doubt me -
Consider that..
in the run up to the 2015 election Tory voter = thick racist
In the run up to brexit the position was Brexit = thick racist fascist homophobe who's against womens rights**
in the run up to the 2017 election Tory voter = thick racist
in the run up to the 2019 election Tory voter = thick racist

In all of these it was pointed out that alienating the bulk of the electorate by calling them thick racists isnt going to win elections.
In response to this post 2019 results the position was we won except the electorates stupid.

There shows no sign of learning and this is why I see a 2nd term for Trump, because no matter how crap he is - he isnt the liberal (ha) opposition

**That was a real argument put forward and no i cant work it out either

Dafty duck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I think this a genuinely interesting question. Social media companies like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc. are all privately owned and can pretty much moderate content however they see fit. There's no denying that the latter two have a left leaning bias, I don't use Reddit and only have a Twitter to see what kind of nonsense is being spouted. It's pretty much nothing but an echo chamber for simple minded marxist zealots. Facebook recently took a bit of a stand to state that they would at least attempt to maintain a neutral stance and have had a bit of a kicking for it, lot of negative feedback, advertisers leaving en masse, billions wiped off their value in one fell swoop.

The cynic in me can't help but think this is in some way coordinated. The left have realised that when their ideas are put under any real scrutiny, they fall apart. One way around this? Don't let your ideas come under scrutiny, shut down the discussion and that way no one can disagree with you. You see it just about every day now with "de-platforming" and "cancel culture" where even the slightest hint of something approaching a disagreement (or even now having a neutral stance) has you hounded as a racist Nazi, people doxxed and their careers ruined over daring to have a different opinion. Make people so terrified of this that they keep quiet.

Facebook appeared to not be playing this game and at least outwardly attempting to retain some small shred of neutrality, and they have been punished for it. So, did this happen organically? Or is it coordinated? Without trying to sound like a tinfoil hat wearing lunatic I think it has to be a deliberate effort to push this, it's too widespread, too pervasive. Who has the most to gain sitting back watching the West rip itself apart?

Some of these weirdo triggered people think that by just being white is enough to class you as a racist
It was GK Chesterton who said " When men stop believing in God they don't believe in nothing; they believe in anything", well in today's atheist world being a straight white male is the new Original Sin. You're born with it. You can never be cleansed of if it. You can't deny it, and you must atone for it all your life.

Interestingly Jesus never mentioned Original Sin, it was St Augustine who developed the story of Adam and Eve's fall from grace into it and the concept has been used for centuries to cow the masses into following a given orthodoxy. Plus ca change

I think this a genuinely interesting question. Social media companies like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc. are all privately owned and can pretty much moderate content however they see fit.
Well it comes down to this. Currently they are more or less sheltered from being sued over their content because they are a "carrier" not a "publisher". At some point a court is going to be asked to rule on the point that moderation and fair use policies become editorial control. because at that point these companies will be liable directly for the content on their sites...

Well it comes down to this. Currently they are more or less sheltered from being sued over their content because they are a "carrier" not a "publisher". At some point a court is going to be asked to rule on the point that moderation and fair use policies become editorial control. because at that point these companies will be liable directly for the content on their sites...
Loads of people are switching to alternative apps now such as Parler, last week saw a massive rise in it's members as people started leaving Twatter en-mass, The left wing media then tried to smear the app as a far right app......this shows the mind set of these triggered weirdo's. Soon they will only be arguing among themselves. The advertisers will switch to these other new apps - and twatter and failbook will go the same way as myspace and yahoo etc. A website and social media platform is only as good as it's users - when you have no users because you have pissed them off and they went elsewhere - you only have yourself to blame. That's what's currently happening to twatter.

Dafty duck

On ROPS
On ROPs
Okay, that's a fair point. But who controls what content is acceptable and what isn't? Why is it wrong to say "It's okay to be white"? Who decided that was hate speech? We even have our own police forces services approving of BLM protests while stating that any counter protests will be conserved illegal, that's genuinely terrifying. The point I'm trying to make is that someone, somewhere has an agenda and they're using platforms like this to push it. Is it the platforms themselves who are the ones pushing it or are they responding to external stimulus? I'm not so sure. Though the response to Facebook would make me sway towards the latter.

Last edited:
The left wing media then tried to smear the app as a far right app
From their perspective, it is far right. In the same way that, from their perspective, they perceive this chap as being 'far right'. For which they'd get the gesture he's giving in the photo as his considered response...

1593695016177.png

(For arrsers recently (any point since about 1992) out of short trousers who aren't students of British politics, that's Denis Healey, Labour Chancellor of the Exchequer 1974-79)

For what it’s worth, the emblem seems to consist of two elements: 1.) a sailing ship, meant to represent the Mayflower Pilgrim ship, and 2.) two Indians or Native Americans kneeling and offering up some present in their raised hands. To whom? Presumably to the arriving English colonists. The design may have been derived from the Seal of the Plymouth Plantation which was struck in 1629:
Isn't that what the whole festival of Thanksgiving is about? Maybe that's about to be banned, as well.

I seem to remember something about three Ks being secreted in the pattern printed on Marlboro cigarette packs. Something about Phillip Morris being sympathetic to the Klan.

Bring back the Golden Shred gollies!

Awol

LE
J*** S****

What's the story with the 1956 Plymouth crest? Is it really racist? For years as I'd polish it I'd look at it but never really thought it was something bad. Does anyone have any background about it. I don't want to be seen as driving around with something equivalent to a swastika on my hood. I really can't argue and defend my car except that it's vintage American styling and something original to that era. Anyone got any ideas what was discussed in the boardroom when they decided to use that crest? Anyone removing it in fear of getting the car smashed?

View attachment 486472

This query, seemingly genuine, was posted to the Forward Look group Facebook site on 1 July 2020. It asks if the emblem is “racist” as apparently the person who asked the question was accused of “racism” by some knot head knob who saw the poster’s car at a car show today in upstate New York. There were some replies and most of them were along the lines that it was the silliest thing they had ever heard. Racism? Stuff and nonsense man!

I even commented on the OP’s query and I told him that he must had heard some fake news because I had never heard that the design of the 1956 Plymouth hood ornament was “racist”. In fact, though, even if someone had said that the emblem was “racist”, (of which I was doubtful) I wouldn’t let it bother me as I wouldn’t give a flying **** for that ignorant asshole’s opinions. I told the OP to man up and grow a pair. I can be pushed, but I can be pushed only so far - THIS FAR, AND NO FARTHER.

I thought it would be an interesting posting to add to my Quotable Quotes collection, so I started copying the original post and some of the many comments to add to my daybook. Much to my surprise though, Facebook took down the post in real time even before I could get some of the juicer comments copied, and it is gone now. All I managed to get was the original poster’s question and a picture of the “offensive” item in question. Facebook seems to be doing a pretty good job of censorship and I wonder whose side they are on?

View attachment 486473

It probably did not occur to the designers in the Styling Department of Chrysler Motors in the 1950s that it would ever become a subject of controversy. They probably didn’t think about it at all at the time in that way, and anyway, the design was dropped for the 1957 models and not used again.

Some idiots will find a reason to be offended at anything, and we should discourage that mindset and not give in. Enough is Enough.
The Left are getting themselves confused. The image shows people of colour taking the knee, and that, all of a sudden, is wrong?

I’m getting confused too.

The Left are getting themselves confused. The image shows people of colour taking the knee, and that, all of a sudden, is wrong?

I’m getting confused too.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Ask any choirboy

Isn't that what the whole festival of Thanksgiving is about? Maybe that's about to be banned, as well.

I seem to remember something about three Ks being secreted in the pattern printed on Marlboro cigarette packs. Something about Phillip Morris being sympathetic to the Klan.

Bring back the Golden Shred gollies!
Bugsy probably believes it

Latest Threads