Fabrice Muamba: Racist Twitter user jailed for 56 days

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DeltaDog, Mar 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He's been jailed for 2 months, thrown off his university course (2 years in), and his criminal record and new found fame will make it very difficult for him to ever find meaningful employment. The guy has been handed a life sentence.

Not sure what to make of it. Offensive though his comments were, I can't help but think that the case has been blown out of all proportion. When people regularly walk away from serious crimes like assault with non-custodial sentences, it seems somewhat insane that a poor attempt at pissed-up humour could be taken so seriously.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Agreed, had he been a radical muslim inciting violence and terrorism, he would have been given a bigger house.
    • Like Like x 16
  3. and he admitted it....seems very harsh. I didn't get to see the "twit" though, must be a precedent getting set.
  4. Deserved to be punished night in the cells would probably be sufficient but as welsh desrved to be told he'd been sentenced to 10 years released the next morning :)
  5. Does anyone know what these really offensive words that outraged bellends simply couldnt stop reading were?

I think most people didnt give a shit.

He's appears to be a bit of a gayer though.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Just like the guy who said that stuff on Facebook about the 6 Yorkshire Regiment KIA. They're both cocks, but these aren't worth criminal trials.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Or deserved to not be punished at all because only throbbers who look to be outraged every day complained?
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Nasty piece of shit he may be, but I wouldn't be at all suprised if his brief didn't lodge an appeal against the sentence on the grounds that it is excessive when his client admitted his guilt and expressed remorse.
  9. Yeah maybe. As somebody else has said, given what this will do to his long-term prospects in life the prison time is almost incidental. **** him.
  10. Am I being ultra-cycnical here, or did the CPS have a hidden agenda?

It usually takes months months to get a case to court, meanwhile the scum. erm...defendants are freed on bail to continue their nefarious lifestyles.

In this case the bloke is nicked, charged, tried and banged up in a matter of days. Did he REALLY do something that bad, or did the civpol and CPS see him as an easy target and decided to nick him so they could put another tick in their anti-racism box?

• Like Like x 15
  11. At least its made sure that everybody now wants to know what he said, that was smart. If the Yotube clip is all there was, then that strikes me as a grossly heavy handed sentence.

Remind me again how long the pissheads who kicked in the white girl were sentenced to?

'Everbody was praying for him'? Bollocks, I for one didn't know who or what he is, and couldn't care less. I doubt Higgs Bosun or Richard Dawkins would like to be portrayed as praying for anything.
  12. What I mean is that although, on the one hand, I don't really agree with this trend for banging people up because of shit they've said on Wankbook or Twatter, nor am I about to gather signatures for the sacred cause of Liam Stacey. It's a waste of time locking him up, but he's also probably something of a ****, so I don't care.