Fabled Dinner Hour

What's the usual LOB then?
*snip*.

Been kicked off bus for fare dodging, need an ambulance to take me home (then the great comment of...I'm hoping to stay in this country legally)
Need to go to the hospital to collect my x-rays....from a broken leg 2 years ago
I'll get my abortion quicker if I go into casualty by ambulance.
I'm being chased by purple elephants, run out of munchies, give me a lift to the garage.
My friends won't let me into the piss up at their house.
The list goes....

I don't mind missing lunch/getting home late if its a proper job or some old and bold fallen over. But as they say, sympathy comes between shit and syphallis in the dictionary.

Stalking implies I made an effort
And clearly you did. You see, I've not even had to look back at any of yours because you're on constant send as it is. Self importance? Yep, that'll be verticalgyro.

Been kicked off bus for fare dodging, need an ambulance to take me home (then the great comment of...I'm hoping to stay in this country legally)
Need to go to the hospital to collect my x-rays....from a broken leg 2 years ago
I'll get my abortion quicker if I go into casualty by ambulance.
I'm being chased by purple elephants, run out of munchies, give me a lift to the garage.
My friends won't let me into the piss up at their house.
The list goes....

I don't mind missing lunch/getting home late if its a proper job or some old and bold fallen over. But as they say, sympathy comes between shit and syphallis in the dictionary.
Why don't you just give them a quick zap in the face with the defribulator or whatever they're called, and send them on their way.
Sometimes a spot of high voltage can be the next best thing to a dose of common sense...

As a shift worker in The Public sector I'd have thought we'd be looked after. Oh how silly of me. I get well and truly bummed when it comes to getting scoff never mind a whole hour to eat it in. The only time I can say I regularly get a sit down eat is on nights and even then it generally gets interrupted.

I have fond memories of sitting around and gurning from the amount of sugar in the boil in the bag fruit dumplings in butterscotch sauce whilst watching hexi-tele.

No - I'm destined for a life of indigestion and the burping up of my poorly prepared sandwiches.

I put a 'I'm sleeping' sign on the door. then curl up on my office sofa its very rare that I get disturbed.

TPBD

When I was a Civil Servant (working in the DHSS) I was forever being interrupted at lunch by "senior" officers wanting me to look stuff up on the computer system. These old biddies were the fat, florid, never married type, who had never lived (or worked) in the real world.

After several weeks of this, I hit on the idea of pretending to faint, and duly hit the deck like Norman Wisdom. Of course, the first question to me from the office First Aider was "Have you had anything to eat today?"

I never had my lunch interrupted again.

I now run my own firm, and spend lunctime as I damn well please.

I'm fairly sure Health and Sefety law now dictates a min of 30 minutes.

When I was a Civil Servant (working in the DHSS) I was forever being interrupted at lunch by "senior" officers wanting me to look stuff up on the computer system. These old biddies were the fat, florid, never married type, who had never lived (or worked) in the real world.

After several weeks of this, I hit on the idea of pretending to faint, and duly hit the deck like Norman Wisdom. Of course, the first question to me from the office First Aider was "Have you had anything to eat today?"

I never had my lunch interrupted again.

I now run my own firm, and spend lunctime as I damn well please.

I'm fairly sure Health and Sefety law now dictates a min of 30 minutes.
20 mins if you work over a six hour period. Rest breaks : Directgov - Employment