Fab free music what is LEGAL

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by TheIronDuke, Mar 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

and if you get a hassle, PM me. This is not some file share scrip kiddy bollocks, this is music for free. And because you cant download, it is legal.

For my money, its better than iTunes. You can search, and it has some well obscure stuff. Search 'Poisoning pigeons in the park'? iTunes would struggle with that, and if it found it, it would charge you a quid.

Do a Google.

Its the new black.
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

3. Is it streaming media?
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yep - and a bit Northern Europe too - quite a lot of Swedish, Norwegian etc tracks and bands in there amongst the usual English language suspects.

Quality app that you download and install.

Do a VERY quick search for your genre, namd, artist or whatever, it lists is, you double-click it, it plays immediately - and it's top quality too - AND FREE!?!??
  5. TheIronDuke

Dunno. But you fit an audio lead from your laptop (headphones plug) to your stereo /Bose / speakers and you have instant music. Like iTunes, you can make albums.

And best of all? Its legal because you are not downloading content. They cant nick you for it.

All those obscure tracks you wouldnt pay a quid for? Listening to Glendale Train right now. And grinning, grinning.
  6. Just done it....... how easy is that?

I hope this isn't a bone question, I take it I can't transfer these tunes to my mp3 player or save them to 'my music'.
  7. TheIronDuke

Dunno. I suspect that would count as a download, so it would be illegal?

I've just pointed Spotify to The Sculpted Fairy, the Memsahibs personal trainer. He claims there is not a streaming programme he cannot download and he is on the case this evening. If he succeeds I shall report back.

Just so we all know what not to do. So we arent breaking any laws.
  8. Ah fantastic stuff, cheers fella. :wink:
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I've been using this. Good site. Apparently there was some security threat (hackers stealing data through open ports) in 2008, but not any more...

10. Any sound played on your PC can be captured by the most basic of recorders even the one that comes with windows. I prefer to use the freeware application Audacity it lets me save in a variety of formats
  11. TheIronDuke

Jesus. A tech enabled Scouser..

Somebody hold me tight. I am very afraid.
  12. I run the computers sound output through a Cambridge D/A converter, then through a hifi. I record on an old Philips CD recorder.
    Very useful for wolfgangs vaults; http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/

which is also free
  13. Get it while its going! I can't find the particular link but the 'music industry' is doing its utmost to get it shut down. Surprise surprise.
  14. TheIronDuke

Meh. Spotify was all over the papers last weekend. Where the ARRSE goes, the world follows. Truly.

I just skimmed it, but so far as I can see it works all ends and sides. You cant download the content (sure), and the artistes get their bit from the revenue from adverts played every 20 minutes.

Given that the record companies are banjaxed by free downloads, Spotify seems a way forward that pleases everybody?