F35 - Money well spent.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
All is revealed by the Daily Mail, shame they have the photo of the carrier flipped left to right.
Nah, it's just sailing to not from.

I was intrigued by this bit:

"As well as its radar-avoiding design, it is crammed with sensors that beam updates directly to the pilot's helmet."

...how does that work with a female pilot?

All is revealed by the Daily Mail, shame they have the photo of the carrier flipped left to right.
Daily Wail flips perspective to the Right, no surprise. Being 180° out about anything, normal.
Did they mention how it could cause cancer?

By God, that BBC piece is puerile.
You do know who was providing the "expert opinion" in that article on the F35's capabilities including such detail as "It's all about who's the biggest dog in the park! This is basically The Hunt For Red October meets The Abyss - it's a brilliant three-act play."???

Ms Abi Austen.....
1643382297863.png

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
No wonder the pilot crashed! Someone turned the ship back to front!!!

1643391092234.png

Purely for interest, the Dail Wail shows a mirror image of USS Carl Vinson!

In reality, all modern carriers that I'm aware of have the island on the Starboard side! Thus, the real Big Vinny
1643391179108.png

Still, the Wail never did let the truth get in the way.

No wonder the pilot crashed! Someone turned the ship back to front!!!

View attachment 635077
Purely for interest, the Dail Wail shows a mirror image of USS Carl Vinson!

In reality, all modern carriers that I'm aware of have the island on the Starboard side! Thus, the real Big Vinny
View attachment 635078

Still, the Wail never did let the truth get in the way.
Maybe it’s the Japanese Carl Vinson san?

mrboo

LE
Let me start by saying i am not into planes but i came across this and thought you lot may be interested. I have serched on here to see if F35 and rust appear. Sorry if it has come up before or is utter shite

Snap 2022-01-29 at 10.14.10.png

1. Aircraft aren't made of materials that would rust like that.
2. It's just bòllocks.

I used to park my car next to the North Sea and the roof and bonnet definitely went that colour.

I also was disgusted that the pilot's house value was not mentioned at all , an unforgivable lapse......
You must be a Telegraph reader.
Obviously it wasn't a Guardian article because there was no mention of its carbon footprint.

A US Navy F-35C Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter was unfortunately recently lost overboard during a carrier landing from the the deck of CVN-70 the USS Carl Vinson in the South China Sea. The aircraft assigned to Carrier Air Wing 2, was conducting routine flight operations in the South China Sea when the mishap occurred.

There was a short video of the approach taken from the fantail, and a photograph of the aircraft in the water after the pilot had ejected. Both have been confirmed as authentic. The US navy is now conducting operation to retrieve the wreckage due to the sensitive nature of the 5th Gen stealth aircraft.

There is now an unofficial discussion from three senior US Naval Aviators on the accident based upon their combined experience of flight deck operations, which will, until official crash investigation report are made known, and will probably not be available to the public, contain as much detail as can be reasonably deduced by people most able to speak with any authority on this accident. It covers topics pertinent to new technology, the cost of live training versus simulated training, and possible basic skill erosion due to new technology taking most of the workload...until it fails and the fallback to basic flying skill becomes the decider between aircraft loss and successful recovery.

Last edited:

Latest Threads