F35 - Money well spent.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You all might want to consider not reposting footage which may be classified, regardless or not that it is 'currently' in the public domain.

You all might want to consider not reposting footage which may be classified, regardless or not that it is 'currently' in the public domain.

The chap on Twitter who seems to be getting the credit for putting the leak on there is coming across as an awfully sanctimonious tw*t when this is pointed out to him...

The first of the US F-35A's for RAF Lakenheath on the production line.

More than that, as the first 2 F-35As (19-5473 and 19-5474) had both taken to the skies by the end of October.

These arrived at Marham on the 28th of October. By early summer 2022, it is planned a further 6 F-35Bs will have arrived at Marham, in 2 batches of 3. 2 out of the next 3 for delivery have already flown at Fort Worth.

The USAF have published the arrival date for the first F-35As to the 495th FS at RAF Lakenheath, and 3 or 4 Lightnings are expected to arrive on that date.

From observers at to Fort Worth, 3 Lakenheath designated F-35As have so far flown, and these are,

19-5473 First Flight on 29th October
19-5474 As above, or slightly earlier
19-5476 By the 23rd November

No sign(yet) of a fourth Lakenheath F-35, so it looks like the first delivery flight will be of these three jets.

Poppycock

War Hero
Here's what should of happened. Interestingly (to me) low speed & short take-off distance:

More likely left the choke pulled out & flooded the carb... :grin:
The Mail website headlined an article featuring the cctv footage with “Navy fighter jet crashed after failing to take off” which was very observant of them.

Poppycock

War Hero
The Mail website headlined an article featuring the cctv footage with “Navy fighter jet crashed after failing to take off” which was very observant of them.
Not even accurate... "not taking off" suggests remaining in contact with the ground (flight deck)

"Plane fell off boat" would've been more accurate

Last edited:
Not even accurate... "not taking off" suggests remaining in contact with the ground (flight deck)

"Plane fell off boat" would've been more accurate
Closer to the truth than most DM content. Have they blamed foreigners and told you the value of the pilots house yet?

Finland appears to be the next country to climb aboard the F-35 club,

Rumor mill just now from local press suggests Finland has picked the F-35…

By chance today is their national holiday as it’s their Independence Day…

cheers

Don't know how Carrier never hit F35.Not that I know anything.

Obviously going fast enough as it threw itself off the end to have sunk deep enough for the ship to pass over.
Bear in mind that the ship's bulbous bow will likely extend as far forwards (if not further) than the end of the flight deck; and that the ship will probably be cracking on at high speed to get sufficient wind over the deck for flying operations.

I hadn't thought of this, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

Latest Threads