Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F35 - Money well spent.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
And I answered 'both southern bases'. Your intellectual failure is not my problem.

804FA5B1-C39F-4EB9-8366-E7892B25A1E2.png

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Let’s continue this over at the poo poo thread. As you clearly are bullshitting.
Back peddling when caught out. Back to being a barrister, magistrate eh?

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember when the Greeks signed an MoU for 90 tiffies. A few months later they went bankrupt!

Are the Greeks not completely reliant on EU financing, which the French and Germans might be a bit hurt by spending their debt on an aircraft system that is not French?
Probably. But show me France's Gen5 offering.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Probably. But show me France's Gen5 offering.
Well it will be a work share agreement from Germany, France with possibly India, Egypt getting favourable credit to purchase.

While almost everyone else is buying F35, developing 6 gen.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

Yokel

LE
It seems that a certain Latin American nation has tried to purchase cheaper, less sophisticated jets from both Sweden and the Republic of Korea, but were unable to because of the British systems in them.

The drive for efficiency with F-35 components has benefited the competitiveness of our aerospace exports.

Yokel

LE
Also since the Americans have announced a plan to build a number of light fleet carriers to augment the CVN force, and base these on an LHD design:

1. Am I right in assuming they will operate F-35B, as it would be a small deck/hull for EMALS/AAG Integration?

2. Will the USN/USMC be interested in are looking at integrating an anti ship missile?

3. ASW will be part of the role, and the helicopters will also perform SAR.

Last edited:
You’re the one arguing precious words to describe a base. Or station.
Camp.... ;-)

The sweaties always called it a base...

Was at Wattisham on a det and got asked by one of the swampys if I worked at the aerodrome....you need to drag that out as well.

Let’s continue this over at the poo poo thread. As you clearly are bullshitting.
Back peddling when caught out. Back to being a barrister, magistrate eh?
He's not, it was always N and S QRA, the ******* in the South not doing much of course...."base" very much in use. I knew exactly where he meant when he said it.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
He's not, it was always N and S QRA, the ******* in the South not doing much of course...."base" very much in use. I knew exactly where he meant when he said it.
Funny that he hasn’t posted since, he just kept on digging.