Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F35 - Money well spent.

Pah , Trident integration on Wildcat is what he should be going for.

....I wuz only joking !!!!

Im willing to forgive the Storm Shadow comment
After all hes Uninitiated no in depth knowledge and its a big helicopter and not huge missile.

Theres pictures out there of seakings with exocet or Harpoon - so its not perhaps the dumbest of uninformed Types questions when viewed in isolation.
Certainly better than why cant aall passengers have ejector seats on airliners - which ive encountered frequently

The rest however are real bash head off table in frustration types

Out of interest, what is our ASM of choice now ? By that I mean cripple a frigate job from OTH. Do we still hold Harpoon?

Theres pictures out there of seakings with exocet or Harpoon - so its not perhaps the dumbest of questions when viewed in isolation.

For your average MP, possibly. For one who is the chair of the HCDC - - and has been a former PUSoS for Defence - not so much.

Alamo

LE
I've often wondered that myself.

Although only because it would make Air Crash Investigation on National Geographic a bit less formulaic than it's become...
I once asked a pilot boss of mine if he'd ever thought he was going to die in an aircraft. He replied he hadn't, but I then asked him what he thought he might do if he did. He replied 'stick the control column up my arrse, it wouldn't help but it would give the Board of Inquiry something to think about'.'

Out of interest, what is our ASM of choice now ? By that I mean cripple a frigate job from OTH. Do we still hold Harpoon?

Harpoon is coming back with P-8, but only on P-8.
Kongsbergs NSM is being integrated on the F-35 by Norway
LRASM is attracting good attention and may get a fit on P-8’s by the cousins.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
3A041CE0-F269-4D70-A01A-ABCCCAF15AE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Carrier aviation in general has received a big boost from the F-35’s carrier capabilities.
Lockheed Martin has now been contracted by the US DOD to conduct aircraft carrier trials of the F-35’s for potential international operators.

The USMC Royal Navy and Royal Air Force, and Italian Navy (Marina Militare Italiana: MMI) have all procured F-35B's to equip their amphibious assault ships and aircraft carriers.

Current F-35A customers, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Spain, and South Korea, have all expressed keen interest in the F-35’s carrier capabilities.

What is interesting is the recent boosting of Naval aviation strike capability for Japan, S Korea, Singapore and Australia who are, together with the US and UK becoming increasingly concerned over China’s increasing belligerence in the S China Sea, and it recent threats to invade Taiwan.

Last edited:
Carrier aviation in general has received a big boost from the F-35’s carrier capabilities.
Lockheed Martin has now been contracted by the US DOD to conduct aircraft carrier trials of the F-35’s for potential international operators.

Current F-35A customers, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Spain, and South Korea, have all expressed keen interest in the F-35’s carrier capabilities.

What is interesting is the recent boosting of Naval aviation strike capability for Japan, S Korea, Singapore and Australia who are, together with the US and UK becoming increasingly concerned over China’s increasing belligerence in the S China Sea, and it recent threats to invade Taiwan.

And in the new year, QE and her F-35's just happens to be heading off East to such places

Latest Threads