F35 - Money well spent.

Yes - Helicopter In Flight Refueling. Seen her with an ASW Merlin:

This is a Canadian Sea King but you get the idea.

During the Falklands war, ASW Sea Kings from the two carriers often took part in focused submarine hunts, working with frigates which used HIFR to refuel them.
Looks a bit scary though!

No question of the US considering Meteor, I suppose?
There never was.

The US have acknowledged that upgraded AIM-120 variants are already in the pipeline and with AIM-260 they will have a longer stick than Meteor.

Regards,
MM

RAF F-35’s take part in a three Nation exercise during the deployment to the Med.
Three-nation F-35 exercise demonstrates air power interoperability > U.S. Air Forces Central Command > News

Part of the F-35 design philosophy was inter-ally co-ordination. Nice to see it in use.
Eh?! . . . . "the Israeli Air Force F-35I . . ". What?!

"This exercise is a demonstration of the interoperability between the U.S., U.K., and Israel using the F-35A, F-35B, and F-35I respectively.

"We build capacity with our strategic partners to harness our air component’s capabilities and skills,” said Lt. Gen. Joseph T. Guastella, U.S. Air Forces Central Command commander. “The transatlantic strategic relationship between the U.S. and our allies and partners has been forged over the past seven decades, and is built on a foundation of shared values, experience and vision.”

The U.S. Air Force F-35As flew from Al Dhafra Air Base, U.A.E., the Royal Air Force F-35Bs flew from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus, and the Israeli Air Force F-35Is flew from Nevatim Air Base, Israel".

Three-nation F-35 exercise demonstrates air power interoperability > U.S. Air Forces Central Command > News

"This exercise is a demonstration of the interoperability between the U.S., U.K., and Israel using the F-35A, F-35B, and F-35I respectively.

"We build capacity with our strategic partners to harness our air component’s capabilities and skills,” said Lt. Gen. Joseph T. Guastella, U.S. Air Forces Central Command commander. “The transatlantic strategic relationship between the U.S. and our allies and partners has been forged over the past seven decades, and is built on a foundation of shared values, experience and vision.”

The U.S. Air Force F-35As flew from Al Dhafra Air Base, U.A.E., the Royal Air Force F-35Bs flew from RAF Akrotiri, Cyprus, and the Israeli Air Force F-35Is flew from Nevatim Air Base, Israel".

It's the designation for the F-35A sub-variant being developed and optimised for Israel and which includes unique Israeli systems and weapons. Outwardly, the F-35I just looks like a normal A model however.

Regards,
MM

With regard to interoperability it was interesting that the Italians hadn’t joined here in this one, however the US had already worked with the Italian F-35’s recently in the large exercise Astral Knight out of Aviano.

The US F-35 Squadron in Europe has been involved in training events in Baltic Operations and NATO training in Spain. They flew in Switzerland and Finland before Paris. base.
Hill’s F-35s Working Closely with Allies During European Deployment

Just the Hebrew variant...