F35 - Money well spent.

Yokel

LE
I know a little bit about radar - not much, but enough to understand antennae, beams, and RCS. I never said it was desirable, but if needs must - with a possible submarine out there, and a F-35B in the area....

I am sure that down South in 1982 a Sea Harrier managed to get a lock on an Orca (Killer Whale) with Blue Fox.

Both Cranwell and Wadd have suffered from the tender mercies of a well known Defence Contractor.

As @History_Man rightly says, Scampton is an utter sh!t-hole, for similar reasons and chronic under-investment.

Daedalus as in the Mess built late 90s? How the hell can it have got in such a state in just 20 years?
All SLAM accommodation built in the 1995-2005 schedule was based on an assumed 25 year life. Therefore, some of those structures are now starting to deteriorate rapidly.

Regards,
MM

Some parts of Scampton and Kirton are an utter disgrace.

To be 100% fair, it's not only the RPC's fault but DIO have made some baffling decisions on priorities for spending.

I'm still waiting with bated breath [not] to find out where RAFAT will end up when / if Scampton closes.

Some parts of Scampton and Kirton are an utter disgrace.

To be 100% fair, it's not only the RPC's fault but DIO have made some baffling decisions on priorities for spending.

I'm still waiting with bated breath [not] to find out where RAFAT will end up when / if Scampton closes.
Scampton is beyond saving now...

Probably.
Several buildings have concrete cancer and large parts of the infrastructure are very poor.
I'm due to visit there later this year so might have a better idea in a couple of months time.

Probably.
Several buildings have concrete cancer and large parts of the infrastructure are very poor.
I'm due to visit there later this year so might have a better idea in a couple of months time.
Well, the RA Bty in there at the moment do not seem to be having a good time.

If those buildings had been properly maintained, they would not be lifeing out so visibly at 25 years.

Agreed, but that still requires money, of which there’s been none due to DIO incompetence and procedures which sometimes preclude cash being spent even when its been made available.

As for Scampton, it’s closing so there’s definitely no money.

Regards,
MM

Any clues as to where RAFAT will end up?

Latest Threads