F35 - Money well spent.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Translation would be ライトニング [Raitoningu]
Japanese translation be would Kaminari, though the might use Raitoningu as an Japanification of the English

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So much for Google translate
With Japanese, it's often good to say the word out loud, Raitoningu spoken aloud sounds like Lightning in a comedy Japanese accent, thus you can safely assume it's a Japanified loanword.

Additionally, the US Joint Programme Office (JPO) have reiterated their endorsement of Turkey remaining in the Programme.
Having noted this gentle fly, and being interested in that particular conundrum, continued to watch and note the continuing complete absence of any recent indications on how that will play out.

With Trump’s sudden declaration of withdrawal from Syria, Turkey's accelerated ingress and eagerness to deal firmly with the ‘terrorist’ YPK, Bolton’s not so veiled ‘hands off’, discussions ...or rather non-discussions on what materiel will be left by the US, and to whom, the relationship continues to be a strained one.

Any links, dates, to the JPO endorsement?

With Trump’s sudden declaration of withdrawal from Syria, Turkey's accelerated ingress and eagerness to deal firmly with the ‘terrorist’ YPK...
Do you mean YPG or PKK?

Any links, dates, to the JPO endorsement?
Just the information in the link provided.

Regards,
MM

Apologies...I meant the YPG...
The US can hardly complain about Turkish dealings with the YPG given the US have been dealing with then via the SDF for several years.

Regards,
MM

I guess that depends of the definition of ‘dealing with’.

The US has also been 'dealing with' daesh.
Really? How so?

YPG were an integral part of SDF from the outset.

Regards,
MM

Yep, as stated, the US is actively engaged with YPG as the latter is an integral part of the SDF.

However, I think we may have been talking at cross purposes so my apologies. I misunderstood your earlier post to suggest that Turkey was being criticised by the US for engaging with the YPG.

Regards,
MM

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
#facepalm! The RN and RAF media dudes are as bad as one another!

Regards,
MM
True but according to some, one lot works at it harder and more effectively than the other. Understandably, this type of headline is bound to give them more ammunition:

Daily Mirror: RAF's new F35 Lightning II stealth fighter jets grounded - by rough seas in the Atlantic​

We all know one individual who will certainly be getting hotter under his collar. ;)

Perhaps a quiet word?
They're at it again:

I can't see past the paywall on the Telegraph link @Dunservin but those I can all refer to 'Britain's' aircraft and point out that they'll be operated 'jointly by the RN and RAF from land and the carriers' so overall it's pretty balanced I'd say.

However, the announcement of our F-35Bs reaching Initial Op Capability (Land) was evidently timed to coincide with that for both the Typhoon Project Centurion (Stormshadow and Dual Mode Brimstone) being declared operational while contrasting that with the imminent retirement of the GR4. Therefore, it's probably understandable that the journos have chosen to refer to the F-35 as an 'RAF jet' just as they tend to refer to the 'RN's new jets' whenever they refer to them operating off the carriers; MoD and RAF PR can only control what they write so far.

The plans to deploy F-35s to Akrotiri on SHADER have been running for some time. While I would expect them to very much do a 'crawl, walk, run' approach to the tasking there initially, this shows the increasing confidence 617 have in the type.

Regards,
MM

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I can't see past the paywall on the Telegraph link @Dunservin but those I can all refer to 'Britain's' aircraft and point out that they'll be operated 'jointly by the RN and RAF from land and the carriers' so overall it's pretty balanced I'd say.

However, the announcement of our F-35Bs reaching Initial Op Capability (Land) was evidently timed to coincide with that for both the Typhoon Project Centurion (Stormshadow and Dual Mode Brimstone) being declared operational while contrasting that with the imminent retirement of the GR4. Therefore, it's probably understandable that the journos have chosen to refer to the F-35 as an 'RAF jet' just as they tend to refer to the 'RN's new jets' whenever they refer to them operating off the carriers; MoD and RAF PR can only control what they write so far.

The plans to deploy F-35s to Akrotiri on SHADER have been running for some time. While I would expect them to very much do a 'crawl, walk,run' approach to the tasking there initially, this shows the increasing confidence 617 have in the type.

Regards,
MM
Interesting that Meteor’s service entry was fairly muted.

Latest Threads