F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone - Fraudster?

I'd be very careful commenting on anything to do with that unpleasant diminutive chiseler for fear of legal reprisal.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Varying biographies of Ecclestone have said that he operates as close to the line between legality and illegality as he can - and one or two have alleged he stepped over that line.

I don't think Ecclestone is going to like discussing his financial affairs in court and under oath.

Wordsmith

Ecclestone....a shady international criminal mastermind...surely not!

If he were a major international bad boy there would be sufficient evidence of his connection to other SMIRSCHH agents, like errmm ...Tony Blair...or the pervy sons of wannabe British dictators......or dodgy Saudi princes and stuff....anyway he would deffo have to live under the sea in a hollowed out volcano and have a white persian cat!

I've often wondered what it is about the 2' 3" tall 82-year old multi-billionaire that makes him such a fanny magnet.
It's the wall to wall shark tank.......and white persian cats....no one can reasonably be expected to resist the temptation of throwing spoiled cats to the sharks!

So it seems that nice Bernie wants to pay the court 60 million to be freed from the bribery charges, just how does that work?

Irony meter of the scale.

State sponsored bribery. Remind me this is the Federal Republic of Germany we're talking about and not Bongo Bongo land, favoured by Ex-UKIP types?

So it seems that nice Bernie wants to pay the court 60 million to be freed from the bribery charges, just how does that work?

Irony meter of the scale.
Not so much a brown envelope but more of a brown truck I expect. Its already left the volcano.

Eccelstone's lawyer, Sven Thomas, defended the settlement negotiations, saying his client had been suffering from the "extremely burdensome procedure". The British billionaire could have faced up to 10 years in jail and would have had to cede control of a business he has built up over the past four decades.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...cclestone-offers-60m-settlement-bribery-trial

All a bit burdensome for Bernie, laws are for small people it seems.

I'm more worried about the real Dr Evil, or is he now the new Dr Evil and now cloned a new minime. The cats on his head by the way and is looking a bit ropey.

Saying all that my mum watched a documentary on the tele and won't here a bad word said about him and she can sew badges on a uniform better than the stitch. Proper good cooking too.

So Bernie the Elf has got off his bribery charge ........ by bribing the court to the tune of 60 million quid

Nice touch