F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone - Fraudster?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Auld-Yin, Jul 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

2. I'd be very careful commenting on anything to do with that unpleasant diminutive chiseler for fear of legal reprisal.
  3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Varying biographies of Ecclestone have said that he operates as close to the line between legality and illegality as he can - and one or two have alleged he stepped over that line.

I don't think Ecclestone is going to like discussing his financial affairs in court and under oath.

4. Tobacco advertising, Formula 1

Tony Blair - Sovereign Strategy - Bernie Eccleston

Brown envelopes? You decide.
  5. Very true. Perjury alone can land you in stir.
  6. Ecclestone....a shady international criminal mastermind...surely not!

If he were a major international bad boy there would be sufficient evidence of his connection to other SMIRSCHH agents, like errmm ...Tony Blair...or the pervy sons of wannabe British dictators......or dodgy Saudi princes and stuff....anyway he would deffo have to live under the sea in a hollowed out volcano and have a white persian cat!
  7. I've often wondered what it is about the 2' 3" tall 82-year old multi-billionaire that makes him such a fanny magnet.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. It's the wall to wall shark tank.......and white persian cats....no one can reasonably be expected to resist the temptation of throwing spoiled cats to the sharks!
  9. Spoiled cats. Heh. "Do you expect me to talk, Goldmidget?" "No, you spoilt ****, I expect you to die!"
  10. A very litigious man by all accounts so I'm keeping my trap shut!
  11. Are you sure....I've never seen him in church!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I wouldn't fancy your chances from the ground, maybe from the pulpit you might catch the top of his head.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So it seems that nice Bernie wants to pay the court 60 million to be freed from the bribery charges, just how does that work?

Irony meter of the scale.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. State sponsored bribery. Remind me this is the Federal Republic of Germany we're talking about and not Bongo Bongo land, favoured by Ex-UKIP types?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I heard it was a Bavarian thing.
    • Like Like x 1