F1 2018 (Video Game)

I've just got F1 2018 courtesy of the Xbox Game Pass (which is £1 for 3 months at the minute!)

Has anyone else got it?

After immediately making a beeline for Monza - my favourite circuit - I did a few laps. It takes a while to get into the swing of things. Admittedly at the moment I have a few assists on like traction control and a low braking assist.

I booted up the career, selected my driver and team (Mercedes natch) and got straight into the race weekend at Australia.

I find the options a bit weird. You only have the chance to change gameplay options during a very brief load screen during the weekend. Fail to spot this and you're stuck with an entire race weekend in settings you don't really like.

If anyone has got this on the Xbox and fancies humiliating me in a race, I'm up for it!

What's the graphics and AI like ??

I bought the last one for PS4 and skipped this, the PS4 version of F1 2017 had horrible screen tearing and character models like something from a PS3 game. Plus the AI was ridiculous with cars attempting to pass you either hitting you and you getting a penalty or them punting you into the scenery from the lead and they would get nothing as they cruised on to victory.

What's the graphics and AI like ??

I bought the last one for PS4 and skipped this, the PS4 version of F1 2017 had horrible screen tearing and character models like something from a PS3 game. Plus the AI was ridiculous with cars attempting to pass you either hitting you and you getting a penalty or them punting you into the scenery from the lead and they would get nothing as they cruised on to victory.
I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the graphics. You can choose from a selection of around 20 character models to be your driver and the game does look good even when you're hurtling round the tracks.

The weird AI is still in play from what I've seen. I've been hit by drivers (although nothing too bad) and have been given a warning or a 5 second Stop/Go penalty. To be honest, for the latter I just used a flashback and then gave the charging lunatic a wide berth.

I've got the AI difficulty on hard and came fourth in Australia so I'm happy with that.

I have to say I'm impressed with the quality of the graphics. You can choose from a selection of around 20 character models to be your driver and the game does look good even when you're hurtling round the tracks.

The weird AI is still in play from what I've seen. I've been hit by drivers (although nothing too bad) and have been given a warning or a 5 second Stop/Go penalty. To be honest, for the latter I just used a flashback and then gave the charging lunatic a wide berth.

I've got the AI difficulty on hard and came fourth in Australia so I'm happy with that.
Thanks for the feedback mate, think I might skip it as the AI issue was the big problem for me with the previous game. Getting punted out of the lead AND a penalty caused many a rage quit.

Playing DriveClub just now, great driving game and the servers go offline next year so enjoying it while I can.

Thanks for the feedback mate, think I might skip it as the AI issue was the big problem for me with the previous game. Getting punted out of the lead AND a penalty caused many a rage quit.

Playing DriveClub just now, great driving game and the servers go offline next year so enjoying it while I can.
No drama.

Another bit of AI trouble is when you're approaching a backmarker and the blue flags are waved. Sometimes the driver let's you by and on other occasions he tries to ram you off the track.

No drama.

Another bit of AI trouble is when you're approaching a backmarker and the blue flags are waved. Sometimes the driver let's you by and on other occasions he tries to ram you off the track.
Have you seen the latest on F1 2019 ?? .. Legends Edition will have Prost, Senna and the 1990 McLaren and Ferrari playable to re create the rivalry.

This could well swing it towards a purchase for me.

Have you seen the latest on F1 2019 ?? .. Legends Edition will have Prost, Senna and the 1990 McLaren and Ferrari playable to re create the rivalry.

This could well swing it towards a purchase for me.

Yeah that looks good.

In 2018, you have the opportunity to drive some real classic cars. My favourites are the 2004 era cars with the proper V12 whine of the engine.

Yeah that looks good.

In 2018, you have the opportunity to drive some real classic cars. My favourites are the 2004 era cars with the proper V12 whine of the engine.
Plus if the AI does the usual and punts you out of the lead playing as Prost will make it part of the realism. Senna would generally do that everytime Prost was ahead of him.