• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

F-S knife sheath

I have my old man's F-S knife; it's the late pattern, from 1956. I was wanting to restore the scabbard, as he'd taken off the flappy bit at the top with the elastic (see here: fairbairn-sykes sheaths). Does anyone have a pattern or, failing that, the sizes for the top part? Is it sewn in on the inside of the scabbard, or the outside?

If you look at your hyperlink,you will find all the info you require.

The 'flappy bit',is sewn inside the top of the scabbard,and if it has been removed (sensibly),you should be abel to see the stitch holes.

Thanks, I know the general shape, it's the dimensions that I'm short of. If you could give me the length and maximum width, that would be close enough.

Latest Threads