F.R.I (again)

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by floppyjocky, Nov 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry guys I know this has been done before but a favour please.

Can anyone answer the following questions with facts as opposed to what to what they think.

Has FRI for Army aircrew been scrapped?

If so what date was it scrapped from ?

If so has the RAF scrapped it too? (or are they planning to?)

If not yet, what date will it be scrapped from?

One of the reasons I ask is that the Navy are still dishing it out to rotary pilots.

Any links to hard facts would be appreciated, and NO it isn't for my benefit.

Mucho gracias

2. Has FRI for Army aircrew been scrapped? Yes

If so what date was it scrapped from ? 31st March 2006 was the last day you would be entitled.

If so has the RAF scrapped it too? (or are they planning to?) No, it still exists in some trades but not all

If not yet, what date will it be scrapped from?

One of the reasons I ask is that the Navy are still dishing it out to rotary pilots.

Any links to hard facts would be appreciated, and NO it isn't for my benefit. Havent a link anymore but DAAvn pushed out a letter to all units.

The AAC decided to stop it as we are supposedly 68 pilots overmanned (although try to find them) and therefore it could no longer be justified to pay an incentive. This allied with the slowdown in the Civillian Pilot market.

Not a fact, but just idle speculation, DAAvn needs some form of persuasion to encourage Aircrew onto AH and once there he needs them to stay there. With limited pots of gold and one being FRI would I be wrong to conclude that the removal of FRI for all is to increase the FRI to the few. I for one will not be surprised when the AH crews recieve a FRI similar to the Harrier pilots.

3. hot off the press....

after the DAAvn Conference..

Unlike the other two services the Army didn't apply to the bean counters for FRI this time around as it was felt we had too many aircrew..........

Now they are not so sure so they are considering (I think they need to 'apply' again) targetted FRI, like the fish heads, to get around the fact that most of the AH gods offered LSL(A) said no thankyou, or shove it, depending on who you talk to ;)