F Med 23 question

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by TA4645, Nov 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,
    just wondering if anyone can shed any light on the process of F med 23.
    I've had a letter through from RTMC this morning, informing me of a one man med board.
    Effectively I'm p7mnd until may 2011. The thing I'm unsure of is whether this is the start of a med discharge, as the doctors had mentioned this previously. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before and what kind of outcome I can expect in 6 months time at the next review (if per se, nothing has changed).
    Many thanks

Daz.

2. Not sure what MND means?? Is this a new category?
    Sounds like both RTMC and yourself are expecting a no change scenario, is the P7 status expected to change with time?

3. MND-Medically Non Deployable (PAP10 explains). As you are P7 MND until May 2011 that suggests you have been given a Tempory grading which should appear on your paperwork denoted by, strangley enough, a T. In May 2011 you should be called before a 1MMB again where your medical fitness to deploy will be re-assessed. If you are again given P7 MND(T) you will go through another Med Board in 6 months time where a decision to upgrade/discharge should be made. Your unit should be managing this in accordance with PAP10 and you should be involved.

Hope this helps