F.I.S.T.ing

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Rarden_reaper, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently...the MOD are developing a system based on the yanks land warrior system, it's called fist...

does anyone know if they are continuing or is it another one of these projects vastly over budget which will eventually be dropped :? :?

2. Don't hold your breath. I suspect that you'll find elements of it slipping to the right...

3. When you say MOD... do you mean BAE?

I'm starting to think that the MOD only exists to throw money at BAE.

4. Sounds sexy, but nothing like what i expected to see in this thread. :twisted:

5. Delete "BAE" - Insert "BAE and GD(UK)" and I think you have a point! :D

6. As far as I know BAE have no involvement on FIST.

7. FIST

More sh1t to carry by the sounds of it.

8. That site gives me a hard on.

9. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I thought the FIST pot of gold was being used to subsidise the shite bits of BOWMAN so its doesn look like BOWMAN is costing an arm and a leg for not very much, in a smoke under the door, stealth bomber, shifting of wooden dollars around kind of way

10. Some of the stuff i've seen from FIST looks good, some looks absolute crap.

I guess we'll find out if/when we start getting the kit.

11. <cynic mode>
    Anything with "Future" in the title is a glossy way of talking, doing 'studies', 'in partnership' with 'interested parties' and not actually producing anything at all.

FRES anyone?
    </cm>

12. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Bah, you broke our special CS code :x

You worked out what "Integrated" means yet?

13. FIST belongs to Thales. It's been around for a while.

14. In this context it probably means the individual system components work but don't like speaking to each other; it'll be too heavy, alarmingly fragile and need new batteries every half hour. I can remember reading PR blurb from DRA/DERA about this kind of thing back in the 90s; as I recall the projected in-service date was 2005! :roll: