F.I.S.T.ing

Apparently...the MOD are developing a system based on the yanks land warrior system, it's called fist...

does anyone know if they are continuing or is it another one of these projects vastly over budget which will eventually be dropped :? :?

Rarden_reaper said:
Apparently...the MOD are developing a system based on the yanks land warrior system, it's called fist...

does anyone know if they are continuing or is it another one of these projects vastly over budget which will eventually be dropped :? :?
Don't hold your breath. I suspect that you'll find elements of it slipping to the right...

I thought the FIST pot of gold was being used to subsidise the shite bits of BOWMAN so its doesn look like BOWMAN is costing an arm and a leg for not very much, in a smoke under the door, stealth bomber, shifting of wooden dollars around kind of way

Z

Zarathustra

Some of the stuff i've seen from FIST looks good, some looks absolute crap.

I guess we'll find out if/when we start getting the kit.

<cynic mode>
Anything with "Future" in the title is a glossy way of talking, doing 'studies', 'in partnership' with 'interested parties' and not actually producing anything at all.

FRES anyone?
</cm>

PE4rocks said:
<cynic mode>
Anything with "Future" in the title is a glossy way of talking, doing 'studies', 'in partnership' with 'interested parties' and not actually producing anything at all.

FRES anyone?
</cm>
Bah, you broke our special CS code :x

You worked out what "Integrated" means yet?

BrunoNoMedals said:
PE4rocks said:
<cynic mode>

FRES anyone?
</cm>

In this context it probably means the individual system components work but don't like speaking to each other; it'll be too heavy, alarmingly fragile and need new batteries every half hour. I can remember reading PR blurb from DRA/DERA about this kind of thing back in the 90s; as I recall the projected in-service date was 2005! :roll:

deSTABlised said:
BrunoNoMedals said:
PE4rocks said:
<cynic mode>

FRES anyone?
</cm>

In this context it probably means the individual system components work but don't like speaking to each other; it'll be too heavy, alarmingly fragile and need new batteries every half hour. I can remember reading PR blurb from DRA/DERA about this kind of thing back in the 90s; as I recall the projected in-service date was 2005! :roll:
Damn you're good at this. "Individual system components work but don't like speaking to each other" would have got you full marks, but the rest was perfectly acceptable :D

As far as FIST is concerned, Integrated also means that everyone from the Brig down can scream blue murder in a private's ear at any time, in any place.

BrunoNoMedals said:
PE4rocks said:
<cynic mode>

FRES anyone?
</cm>

May, at some unspecified time in the distant future, be able to talk in a C4 environment(1)
(1) Subject to 'Future'(see above) technology and ring fenced(ha!) funding being available.

As far as I am aware FIST has been 'descoped' into a series of UORs. Thats a good thing as it means that when kit is ready is its being fielded rather than waiting for the complete system. Certain bits have been delaying the rest. Elements of the kit are making their way to sunnier climates, some very well received and some.....well lets see how they get on.

The term FIST seems to have been around for many years. 10 years ago it didn't appear to refer to any specific equipment or development, but refered to all projects involving possible infantry weapons and equipment.

Maybe someone from ITDU could better inform us.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS MoD News 5
C Jobs Offered 0
Saving_pte_ally Army Reserve 5