eyesight

I am a blind ****** and require glasses. Despite not being able to see the wall, let alone the chart without my glasses I still got in to the infantry both Reg and TA

cheers mate that gives me a lot of reassurance is it basically if you eyes are correctable to 20/20?????
To tell the truth, the eyetest in the medical is pretty straight forward. Cover you eye, read the chart. I was asked if I had to wear my glasses all the time, which was a yes. The test was done by a rather tasty RAF nurse and the Army doctor never asked about my eyes at all.

I think the only time you may have an issue is if the eyesight is affected by an injury/disease.

Getting corrective lenses for your respirator is a different story. Mine took 18 months to appear!

before getting my eyes lasered i was blind as a very blind thing (-6.75L -7.0R) but still managed to join as my corrected vision was fine so i wouldnt worry about it

went to optician today, slightly short-sighted in right eye but dont need glasses thats how minimal the difference is, think ill be fine,cheers guys

Anybody ever tried varifocal or bifocal contact lenses? Are they any good? More to the point, will I be able to pick up women young enough to be my daughter if I shed my half moon reading glasses?

before getting my eyes lasered i was blind as a very blind thing (-6.75L -7.0R) but still managed to join as my corrected vision was fine so i wouldnt worry about it
Just a quick question. Is the 12 month wait from the date of lasek operation a MUST? I've been doing martial arts for the past to months n it's 7 months but have had no problems. Is it dealt on a case by case basis or on a general basis? And I don't really like the next idea but better to know I suppose, what if you never tell them about lasek?

Just a quick question. Is the 12 month wait from the date of lasek operation a MUST? I've been doing martial arts for the past to months n it's 7 months but have had no problems. Is it dealt on a case by case basis or on a general basis? And I don't really like the next idea but better to know I suppose, what if you never tell them about lasek?
*past TWO months. Sorry typing from phone is proving to be a pain.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes it is a must. If you don't tell them you are deliberately making a false entry on your medical, which if discovered, could and probably result in a complete rejection of your application. The rehab times are there for a reason not just to annoy candidates.

To tell the truth, the eyetest in the medical is pretty straight forward. Cover you eye, read the chart. I was asked if I had to wear my glasses all the time, which was a yes. The test was done by a rather tasty RAF nurse and the Army doctor never asked about my eyes at all.

I think the only time you may have an issue is if the eyesight is affected by an injury/disease.

Getting corrective lenses for your respirator is a different story. Mine took 18 months to appear!
I always found that corrective lenses for my resi made not a jot of difference unless of course I was always planning on looking down to my toes all of the time. I could only ever see with them with my head tilted fully back all the time looking to the side.

Get lazered. Best money I've ever spent.

Latest Threads