Eyesight standards for RAMC

Do the army allow people with +8.00 vision in the left eye and +5.25 vision in the right to serve as I’ve heard different things from different people such as it being a case by case basis. I have been to my Afco but they were no help, thank you

Been mentioned before but here's an excellent post from some years ago:

Eyesight Requirements

Especially this bit
RAMC:
All - R 8/3, L 8/6

If your MRCS/FRCS or MRCA/FRCA its important but not so much for MRCPsych/FRCPsych.

Hello mate, so from what I understand the first number is uncorrected score and the second is the corrected score? If so why is the first number always an 8?
Because that's the lowest you can have as uncorrected eyesight.

Hello mate, so from what I understand the first number is uncorrected score and the second is the corrected score? If so why is the first number always an 8?
I believe the 8 is the distance from which it is measured (8 metres) and the second is the acceptable distance you can read the chart. So the 8 will always remain the same.
Used to be 20 (for feet) so 20/20 was perfect, 8/8 would be perfect but 8/6 would be the same as 20/15 in the old way.

I believe the 8 is the distance from which it is measured (8 metres) and the second is the acceptable distance you can read the chart. So the 8 will always remain the same.
Used to be 20 (for feet) so 20/20 was perfect, 8/8 would be perfect but 8/6 would be the same as 20/15 in the old way.
Aha, back to the conflicting info again.

So from another thread:

Here are the definitive eyesight requirements for each arm from the Pulheems administrative pamphlet 2010, since I found it so hard to get hold of.

Here are the Snellen Scores as they are on the medical assessment:
6/6+ = 1
6/9 = 2
6/12 = 3
6/18 = 4
6/24 = 5
6/36 = 6
6/60 = 7
Can't read 6/60 = 8

The Pulheems assessment grades your eyes in the following way:
Right Eye Unaided, Left Eye Unaided
Right Eye Aided, Left Eye Aided

eg:if Right Unaided is 3, Left Unaided is 4, Right Aided is 2, Left Aided is 3 then the score reads:
E E
3 4
2 3

In the tables below the notation I am using for the same case is:
R 3/2, L 4/3.

Also 8 meters is 26feet so not sure that's the case, also as listed above the 8 is a score that relates to a line on the snellen test.

It would be handy if I could confirm what the 8 means. At the moment I pass at corrected to 3 (6/12) just not sure of the mystery 8 on the branch requirements.

Aha, back to the conflicting info again.

So from another thread:

Here are the definitive eyesight requirements for each arm from the Pulheems administrative pamphlet 2010, since I found it so hard to get hold of.

Here are the Snellen Scores as they are on the medical assessment:
6/6+ = 1
6/9 = 2
6/12 = 3
6/18 = 4
6/24 = 5
6/36 = 6
6/60 = 7
Can't read 6/60 = 8

The Pulheems assessment grades your eyes in the following way:
Right Eye Unaided, Left Eye Unaided
Right Eye Aided, Left Eye Aided

eg:if Right Unaided is 3, Left Unaided is 4, Right Aided is 2, Left Aided is 3 then the score reads:
E E
3 4
2 3

In the tables below the notation I am using for the same case is:
R 3/2, L 4/3.

Also 8 meters is 26feet so not sure that's the case, also as listed above the 8 is a score that relates to a line on the snellen test.

It would be handy if I could confirm what the 8 means. At the moment I pass at corrected to 3 (6/12) just not sure of the mystery 8 on the branch requirements.
If you cannot read the board with your glasses OFF you score an 8 which is the first number, the second number is the corrected score so if you can read 6/9 for example, you get a 2. So therefore your score would read 8/2 as in corrected you score 8 but corrected you score 2

If you cannot read the board with your glasses OFF you score an 8 which is the first number, the second number is the corrected score so if you can read 6/9 for example, you get a 2. So therefore your score would read 8/2 as in corrected you score 8 but corrected you score 2
Top man, that's what I though. Good news.