Eyesight Again

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by djmattyg64, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys and girls.

Firstly, let me say thanks for all the information so far I have found on this website. Keep up the good work. ;-P

My question is as the title states, Eyesight.

I applied to join the infantry around 4 years ago, I got turned down due to my eyesight, however, after a few years of doing this job and that job, I have come to a point in my life where I am thinking that if I dont apply now, I will soon be too old to apply. I turned 29 a few weeks ago.

My prescription for my eyesight is below and I am wondering if I would pass the eyesight requirements to join the REME as an Electrician (something I am currently studying towards aswell at college).

Right

SPH +8.00
    CYL -2.00
    Axis 90

Left

SPH +7.00
    CYL -2.50
    Axis 65

Aided VA

Right eye 6/15
    Left eye 6/6

I have already tried searching many different websites and this one including and to no avail on what the requirements are. I ahev even spoke to the careers office and they have stated that the requirement is between -7.00 and +8.00.

I do not want to start the application again to be rejected again. If that makes sense.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and many thanks in advance.

Matt

2. Locked again! There is a med sticky!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.