Eyes Right

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RRBBaby, Aug 11, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Mirror......well, ive had a slow day!

"EYES RIGHT! Aug 11 2003

Operation Bags Away for scary Sir Mike

By Nathan Yates

IT was the kind of craggy look that seemed to suit a military man.

The bags under the eyes were an essential ingredient - and helped earn General Sir Mike Jackson the nickname "Prince of Darkness" who meant business

Now Sir Mike, 58, has gone all clean-cut and Civil Service-ish after surgery in which the distinctive pouches under his eyes and on his eyelids have been removed.

Sir Mike - the army's most senior officer as Chief of the General Staff - drew curious glances at a social function in London, where dark shadows under his eyes indicated recent surgery, and his well-worn look has gone

Yesterday the MoD confirmed he had had an operation on his eyes, "for medical reasons, including the removal of a cataract".

Friends say Sir Mike was finding it difficult to read.

It is understood that he also took the opportunity to have further surgery on the eyeball and eyelids.

Cheroot-smoking Sir Mike, who rallied troops before the war in Iraq, is now on leave...with his eyes right again, but not half as scary."
  2. Prodigal,

I can hear your anguished cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" from here - lololololololol :D

So POD is now PONSD - Prince of Not so Darkness...
  3. PtP, that's EXACTLY what I was howling as I read your post!!!!!!!

Hell fire and damnation, he cannot do this to me.................if he doesn't look his usual craggy self, well, I shall just give up and become a nun.......... 8O
  4. Jacko, top man even if he has had a nip and tuck.

I've a lot of time this bloke even though I've had an interview (minus beret and belt) with him he is / was one excellent CO...................and yes I was guilty 8O
  5. EB.......never admit anything unless they have video evidence of you doing it :lol: