Eyes Right

From the Mirror......well, ive had a slow day!

"EYES RIGHT! Aug 11 2003

Operation Bags Away for scary Sir Mike

By Nathan Yates

IT was the kind of craggy look that seemed to suit a military man.

The bags under the eyes were an essential ingredient - and helped earn General Sir Mike Jackson the nickname "Prince of Darkness" who meant business

Now Sir Mike, 58, has gone all clean-cut and Civil Service-ish after surgery in which the distinctive pouches under his eyes and on his eyelids have been removed.

Sir Mike - the army's most senior officer as Chief of the General Staff - drew curious glances at a social function in London, where dark shadows under his eyes indicated recent surgery, and his well-worn look has gone

Yesterday the MoD confirmed he had had an operation on his eyes, "for medical reasons, including the removal of a cataract".

Friends say Sir Mike was finding it difficult to read.

It is understood that he also took the opportunity to have further surgery on the eyeball and eyelids.

Cheroot-smoking Sir Mike, who rallied troops before the war in Iraq, is now on leave...with his eyes right again, but not half as scary."

Prodigal,

I can hear your anguished cry of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" from here - lololololololol :D

So POD is now PONSD - Prince of Not so Darkness...

PtP, that's EXACTLY what I was howling as I read your post!!!!!!!

NO!! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!

Hell fire and damnation, he cannot do this to me.................if he doesn't look his usual craggy self, well, I shall just give up and become a nun.......... 8O

Jacko, top man even if he has had a nip and tuck.

I've a lot of time this bloke even though I've had an interview (minus beret and belt) with him he is / was one excellent CO...................and yes I was guilty 8O

Latest Threads