Eye Tiddily Eye-tie Silvio banged up!!

Well they had to do something pretty quickly. There will almost certainly be another general election soon in Italy, and Berlesconi started to make a comeback in the last one. He is a clown, but quite a lot of the Italian electorate seem to like him, and that will not do.

If you spend much time in Italy, it's rather interesting to note how many people now hanker after the good old days of Il Duce.

knowing the eyeties I wouls imagine his 'imprisonment' will consist of being 'Confined to Barracks' ie, his mansion for 2 hours a day for a year. And

It's a f-ing opera - never will end and nothing happens!
Grand Ole Opry amigo. As someone already remarked in another thread, - "like a badly written C&W song" :)

I live in Italy and for sure he has his supporters , even the way you pronounce village names can identify you as a fascist or communist, a bit bizarre. You see his image in bars, mostly frequented by old timers. Its still a sore subject though to many, pitting brother against brother, its not a subject about which I ever ask, sure if someone discusses it I listen but never start a conversation about it, it tends to get a bit heated.

I do wonder if some charismatic person stood up and ran on a fascist ticket what would happen.

If you spend much time in Italy, it's rather interesting to note how many people now hanker after the good old days of Il Duce.
Well, he did make the trains run on time. And he gave the Mafia a right shoeing.:threaten:

A Rugby fan as well, IIRC, as well as keen Fencer. Chap wasn't all bad.^_^

.....I'd rather see an Italian "Hung Parliament" though.......Duce style....piano wire....upside down.......on streetlamps!
I notice that you always take the concilatory, rather conservative approach:)

I once (late 1990s) had to do a customer visit to a one-horse town north of Turin and on the way north from the autostrada there were still stencils of Musso on the walls of some villages.

Still, a couple of years in an Eytie nick and his bum would be the same size as his ego....

J

Joshua Slocum

He's even got his own vineyards it seems, as does his buddy Adolph.
View attachment 113330
aha you have visited Predappio then ?
last time I went the fascists were marching up and down shouting duce duce !
while the carabinieri stood around looking bored
next time I shall buy a bust of the mad **** for my downstairs privy
Ps he never did make the trains run on time, but he did built soem smashing Alpine roads, so much easier for invading forces to enter the country.
PS I dont care for him the brute he was not nice to my family at all,Skorzeni should have chucked him out of the Fiesler Storch and left the fat bastard in the Gran Sasso park

J

Joshua Slocum

Well, he did make the trains run on time. And he gave the Mafia a right shoeing.:threaten:

and our fine American Comrades promptly let them back in !!!!

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer

nope , he made one train run on time thats all. it was a famous one off

Mussolini also eradicated malaria in the marshlands, then caused the marshes to be drained, set up several thousand farms and gave them to the families, and established farming research centres.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 8
Auld-Yin The Book Club 10
RoyalGreenJacket The NAAFI Bar 85