Eye test form - AF O????

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by putteesinmyhands, Sep 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quicky - can anybody help with the number of the eye test form? I've got an opticians appointment booked in about an hour or so and can't find the form on ArmyNet.

(Because I need my eyes testing) ;)

2. Ok. I've found the answer (In one of my own posts!), but still no sign of the form (FMed 79) on ArmyNet.
  3. Puttees - Used to be done on an AF P1923 - probably now claimable on JPA!??? - will check when back in work on Mon - just make sure you keep receipts & all paperwork from opticians.

4. Had an eye test on 27th Aug & was given F Med 79 (Revised 8/96) to use by Med Centre.
  5. Paywog, the issue wasn't so much with claiming back the fees, but with having the form with all the required measurements.

Opticians don't bother with recording measurements these days, they just guestimate where your centre of view is and mark a dot on the lenses of the sample glasses. So, unless you get the measurements written on the FMed 79, the manufacturers of the respirator lenses won't know how to make them.

That said, I don't believe that respirator lenses are custom made anymore anyway, although with the increased stand-off from your eyes, they should be.

Thanks anyway, PW and ES. Must get onto ArmyNet and let them know of a form that needs to be added to their long list.
  6. If my Civvie job requires up to date and regular eye-tests, could i claim the money back twice?
  7. Refer to MATTS6 ;)

I'm stupid and do it the other way round - three eye tests and don't get round to claiming anything back :(
  8. i thought it said P Noj IG (QolI5ob B/Gb) :)
  9. The optician tried the hard-sell technique with regard to varifocals.

Me: "I'm not sure that that would be a good idea, as my job often involves me looking at things above my head."

Him: "Ah. I see your point. Not to worry, you can have them made with the lenses upside down. Then you'll be OK looking upwards."

Me: "And when I need to look at things lower than my head?....

There followed a scene where the optician (who had proudly commented that he was wearing the latest thin lens, super refractive varifocals at £500 a touch) read out the rating plate on a strip light. "You see, I don't have a problem, even without the lenses being reversed."

Me: "Clearly, you don't need varifocals then." Tw&t.