Extreme Home Working

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pombsen-armchair-warrior, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. May I be the first to say...A time difference of 9 hours will still put him about 150 years ahead of most of the residents of Fenland. :D

2. I was about to get ourtraged about this but actually keeping him on one day a week until they recruit a replacement isn't so bad. That said, I would question whether the ratepayers were getting £100,000 worth of value out of him every year. Some of these public sector jobs are grossly overpaid.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

As long as the man can do the work (and these days I can't see the difference from some of the people I know living on broadband back to the office), fair go. Time difference is the only problem

Seems good value to me

4. It said it was pro rata so I assume if he's only working one day a week it will be about £20,000 a year he earns. Still not a bad wage though!

5. He isn't the first, my mates wife lives in QLD near me and works for a UK council part time. She completes all her work online.

6. What the flying f*ck?

7. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

i liked this bit:

Translation - we want our kids to live somewhere where they won't be beaten up by druggies and pikeys who are supported by the state.

translation - I'm going to love having a right laugh being paid a huge amount of money for 1 day a week and having the benefit of finding out all the gossip about the place i left behind re-inforcing my reason for leaving.

S_R

8. So long gone is the aspect of those who deliver our services living in the same area as those of us who pay for them.

My thoughts on this is it represents poor value for the taxpayer, and a minimum qualification for employment is that they should at least live in the same country. Usually those of us who go to live and work abroad have to make complete breaks with home, and I see no reason for this not to be applied in this case.

9. £2,000

10. As the first Minister of Scotland only gets £129,998 for running most of the affairs of a small country, this bloke must be VERRRY valuable to the People's Republic of Fenland.

11. One day a week instead of five (I assume he worked five) means a fifth of the time so presumably a fifth of the salary. A fifth of £100,000 is £20,000.

12. Umm... I guess that's why he's a finance director on £100k a year and you aren't