Extreme frustration.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Jan 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The 'girly' topic on questions about female training is driving me crazy. I don't want to read it, but it's like a car crash; I'm drawn to read it. And we are forbidden to offer any advice, comments or to offer to help in a physical way. The standard of writing on it is enough to make one's teeth itch.
    eg.

Re: Female Experiences of Basic Trg - ROBUST MOD ACTION IN FORCE
    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 pm

haha, so which one of us is Scary Recruit? Ginger Recruit?
    little_bean

Back to topReply to topic

Re: Female Experiences of Basic Trg - ROBUST MOD ACTION IN FORCE
    Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm

I think I'm definately Scary! A Ziggazigaaaaaaaa!

2. My personal favourite so far is:

"Somthing else I've been wondering about is shaving ie legs. I usually use wax strips or an epilator because I can't be bothered to shave my legs every other day but of course when it comes to basic I don't know if to swap back to shaving."

You just don't get that kind of thoughtful discussion from the blokes....

:D

3. Perhaps you can quote from that topic, into this one (where robust moderation isn't in force) and you can vent your frustration by providing "DS answers," to the questions posed...

4. old_fat_and_hairy

True, I can't ever recall discussing shaving my legs during basic. Nor wondering if the other recruits would be shocked if we had to walk around naked at all.

5. I think training females is a jolly good idea.

Can anyone help to train mine not to talk when I'm reading the Telegraph.

6. old_fat_and_hairy

Aversion therapy works well. Just hit her with a rolled up copy every time she speaks. Eventually she will either stop talking or leave you. A win/win situation.

7. Ill don't know why my post "You're going to get raped" was deleted. Its just one rule for them...

8. old_fat_and_hairy

Does Felicity Kendall have breasts? Oh yes, I recall, in that series 'The Good Life' was often a cheeky little nipple to be seen.
    Anyway, I'm past all that now. Nice to be a eunuch.

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Strangely enough I do not find myself drawn to the "Smear Test Advice" thread. Especially when I am eating my lunch.

10. AAArrggghh!!

They've started watching us talking about them and started talking about us...watching them...

Abort!! Abort!!

11. old_fat_and_hairy

It's not too bad, unless lunch features mayonnaise.

12. old_fat_and_hairy

That's all right, bless their pretty heads. Maybe time they learned about us, after all, they have been kept sheltered, like a princes harem.

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm rather disturbed that a: I feel I cannot take an active part in such a lively and interesting debate without potentially getting O2'd, or worse banned, and b: that, for such reason, my interest and experience of and in matter pertaining to the female gender cannot be of use to said ladies.

There's nothing I enjoy more than helping ladies with personal problems, listening a lot, and offering solutions from an alternative angle. Most of all, it's listening and empathising that I do best.

What should I do? Would any of these ladies be interested in my time, listening to their woes as only a true gentleman can do?

I'm happy in THIS thread to be here for them.

[christ on a bike, it's not easy typing with one hand is it?]

14. How can a lady refuse such charms!! :wink:

15. old_fat_and_hairy

He couldn't possible give better advice or listen more closely than I, after all, with all my long years of experience, as well as being a very fatherly figure ( and totally safe too, I add) I think I can help in many ways.