Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme anti-Woke among the young

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dating an ex-ballet dancer.

She might be 4ft 11 1/2" and 55 years old but by Christ can she bend into some amazing positions!
You know the rules! Piccies.;)

We need some curtains and soft furnishings in here. There's a hell of an echo.

I SAID THERE'S A HELL OF AN ECHO.

Not really, the statement "All he does is make the brum brum car go fast" implies that he is either the engine of the car, or, that he is part of the team that makes sure the engine makes the car go fast.

As he is the driver all he really does is steer it around the corners better than the rest of them.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Not really, the statement "All he does is make the brum brum car go fast" implies that he is either the engine of the car, or, that he is part of the team that makes sure the engine makes the car go fast.

As he is the driver all he really does is steer it around the corners better than the rest of them.
I smite thee with mine handbag.

...and this reminds me, new management team in where I was working a number of years ago at Standard & Poor's and they were looking to stand tall. Cue review of my ITDR and BC plan that managed a (sensible) scope as agreed with the business. The new management thought my plan deficient because it didn't cover matters outside of the scope, so essentially it got knocked back because it didn't do what is was not meant to do even though it managed what is was meant to do perfectly well.

New manager directed me to include all sorts of irrelevant crap that extended the plan to over 100 pages. It was useless and would have helped no-one in a real incident. I pointed out that we seemed to be preparing for good audits and tests rather than being sure we would be ready for an event if it happened for real.

Rather than argue with ********* it was just easier to not argue and leave them with the crap they had created.

On another note a junior lad (nice bloke, all enthusiastic and ready to apply what he had learned) and on speaking with him I figured out he had not realised the IT facts of life. I asked him what Change Management was for. He started on the "to ensure that change is managed with due risk mitigation, communicated as necessary so reducing the chance of unscheduled service impact...." and so on. I stopped him, I advised that is what we tell people but in reality it is there to stop him getting sacked when something goes wrong as it surely will at some point. If he does not follow process then he gets sacked regardless of what the actual cause of unexpected impact was. If he follows due process and it goes wrong then he is fine, it is the fault of the process and so he won't be sacked. That pretty much gave him one of the most valuable lessons he had in negotiating the minefield that the office is.

Anyway I have retired from all that office bollocks now; monthly management reports, appraisals, objective settings and progress measurement along with paradigm shifts, focus groups, workshops and breakout groups, water cooler conversations, working lunch (ha, scoff s sandwich while poring over a spreadsheet) PPTs, blue sky thinking, leveraging this and that while thinking out of the box are now firmly (and thankfully) in the past for me.
...and the team building, if anything is worth killing for, it would be to get out of team building days, the loathing and despair would set in long before the event.

We even had that David Taylor of the Naked Office and Naked Leader infamy, a contemptable snake oil salesman who would have been charging a fortune for spouting utter crap that sadly, but not surprisingly, made not one jot of difference when all was said and done.

At one point this involved lying on the floor listening to whale music, I kid you not, where the only memorable part was Barry failing asleep and snoring.

Utter, utter tripe.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So never mind them being hypocrites, they are ********* and I hope that someone, somewhere, sometime will get to explain this to them.
I hope someone gets to explain ********* to me too.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
...and the absolute golden rule I would give to the woke movement (and they really need to learn this, really really) is don't take offence where none was meant, especially if you want to get on with people outside of the woke bubble.
They have neither the intention nor ability to do so.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cutaway said:
Who calls you "freak" and "delusional," and why do you think that occurs ?

ignorant fools who have an obsession with my medical history and bedroom activities
I take it you've used accepted clinical methods to arrive at their IQ, but do you mean they're ignorant in general or just of your medical history and bedroom proclivities ?

If you ask any of them questions, do you find it's the fools who only answer one of them ?

ste14w

War Hero
Without being chippy about it, what about hermaphrodites?

With both sets of functioning organs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
You're right, I should have made that distinction.
There are two genders. Male and female. Anything else is a physical or psychological problem.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
You're right, I should have made that distinction.
There are two genders. Male and female. Anything else is a physical or psychological problem.
No, there are hermaphrodites. But they are very, very rare.

Much of the rest of what's going on is imagined rubbish*, though.

*I was going to say 'bollocks', but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads