Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme anti-Woke among the young

MOD WALT MODE (Engaged)

Gents - its been 3 pages - with the greatest of respect can we knock it off now or move over to the Bugsy appreciation Handbag thread.

regards a sanctimoneous pr**k with a smiting hammer

MOD WALT MODE (Disengaged)

They're going to shit themselves when they realise Wakanda is a fictional Hollywood creation and doesn't exist.

I remember the film "Coming_to_America", I'm sure many of the same morons think that Zamunda is a real country and that Eddie Murphy was the crown prince, Akeem Joffer and that King Jaffe and Queen Aoleon were real people.

1601130722279.png

Mattb

LE
I remember the film "Coming_to_America", I'm sure many of the same morons think that Zamunda is a real country and that Eddie Murphy was the crown prince, Akeem Joffer and that King Jaffe and Queen Aoleon were real people.

View attachment 507427
There was a survey done where around a quarter of Americans supported the bombing of Agrabah (a fictional place from Aladdin).

Chef

LE
There was a survey done where around a quarter of Americans supported the bombing of Agrabah (a fictional place from Aladdin).

That would be funny but I suspect the response would be similar in quite a few european countries and the UK.

ste14w

Old-Salt
That would be funny but I suspect the response would be similar in quite a few european countries and the UK.
I was at school when the Falklands War started, and I remember a few people thought they were off the northern coast of Scotland.

Mattb

LE
I was at school when the Falklands War started, and I remember a few people thought they were off the northern coast of Scotland.
To be fair, shit weather, grumpy locals, sheep... actually, are we sure they're not Anglesey?

enpointe

Swinger
All my kids, 3 boys and a girl, 32 down to 20, either utterly despise woke or are amusedly indifferent to it. Only one has been to uni (28, ex-Army) and he said that dealing with fellow students and lecturers was like pushing shit uphill.
The wokesters are in a minority I reckon, they just throw louder tantrums.

However the kind of cockwomble that will carry out right wing extremist acts is a very tiny minority.

The main problem that seems to come out of this kind of discussion, is that some people get rather upset when their previously held prejudices are illuminated and instead of being sensible grown up s they start with the 'political correctness gone mad' guff.

but ultimately that all boils down to when you are used to supremacy being held to account and experiencing equity feels like oppression, much the same as those who when privileges in that the way in which the system has been set up by straight white cisgender men to benefit straight white cisgender men and the straight white cisgender women who carry water for them are pointed out go all 4 yorkshire men rather than listening to the voices of Black and/or LGBTQ+ people

kalliste

Clanker
but ultimately that all boils down to when you are used to supremacy being held to account and experiencing equity feels like oppression, much the same as those who when privileges in that the way in which the system has been set up by straight white cisgender men to benefit straight white cisgender men and the straight white cisgender women who carry water for them are pointed out go all 4 yorkshire men rather than listening to the voices of Black and/or LGBTQ+ people
Can anyone translate that to English for me?

I'm impatient for Peak Weimar, are we there yet...

endure

GCM
Can anyone translate that to English for me?

I'm impatient for Peak Weimar, are we there yet...

Basically what he's saying is that the sight of straight white men bursting into tears because poofs, wogs and wimmin demand equality is a sight to behold ;-)

lollers - - they've got equality of opportunity - it's the law, and it's been the law for yonks - just because they can't get on with being equal without a song and dance isn't the white guy's fault.

endure

GCM
lollers - - they've got equality of opportunity - it's the law, and it's been the law for yonks - just because they can't get on with being equal without a song and dance isn't the white guy's fault.

99% of us do but it's always a bit of a giggle seeing arrsers getting their panties in a bunch because they think a few gobshites represent all of us :mrgreen:

Mattb

LE
There are laws governing plenty of things, don't mean that they aren't problems any more.

There are laws governing plenty of things, don't mean that they aren't problems any more.
You are correct - perhaps it's the issue of where the actual problems are, and where the finger should be pointed is what is harming things more.

That little DeAndre is going to grow up just like his dad, whoever that was, has got **** all to do with Brian & Ethel in Yeovil, and it won't be for lack of funds and effort by the authorities, national & local.

Basically what he's saying is that the sight of straight white men bursting into tears because poofs, wogs and wimmin demand equality is a sight to behold ;-)
No he isnt he is saying that straight white men - who dont agree they are racist sexist homphobes by default are crying because gays wimmen and ethnic vote demand equality etc

Which is not the same thing.

Personally i dont care if you are black, white, straight, gay, transgender male , female or even a bloody biscuitross - but I do object to being told by the likes of lewis Hamilton - i am priveleged, I do object to beng told that a muslim extremist isnt indicative of all muslims** yet the minority of white supremicists represent me because im white male.
Or that Im responsible for acts that took place hundreds of years before I was born.

And then when I say hang on why am i held to a differrent standard to every other group the shout comes back Gammon scared of equality.

Well you can Swivel -

I to deserve equality and yes perhaps others have sufferred unjustly because peole of my demographic have behaved like cnuts. But they are not me - so why do the same people who say cant judge a group by an individual feel free to reverse that mantra and insist i apologise or take a knee because White folk alone bear the guilt of their ancestors .

And people wonder why the far rights growing - its not fecking rocket science - Of course people will turn to the only group that doesnt blame them for everything*** The whole mantra now has become divisive and is leading to intolerance. FFS BLM has put race relations back years.

**Something I whole heartedly bagree with

***As its percieved by the more vulnerable / easily led

I agree - but the fact those laws exist demonstrate that society isnt racist / otherist / phobic - since those laws reflect society.

Hence a certain amount of shall we say irritation about being told the UK is a racist country** and white feds is killin black yoof daily - that the kKK is lurking on every street corner. Because that really doesnt reflect te UK (Its not even accurate these days for the US ).

Or that we ignore anti semitism homophobia sexism racism and intolerance from other demographics - that JRM is villified on tv for his views on gay marriage yet those same interviewers wouldnt challenge Khan.

The whole white privelage - systemic racism is built upon 1 premise - that EVERY time a black person goes for a job skin colour is a factor.
In other words ievery white person is assumed racist - an assumption that would be deemed unaceptable about any other group.

That said as far as im concerned bigorts of all stopes long walk short pier - i dont care that Dianne Abbot is a nasy racist marxist fuckwit - attack her on her colour or gender you are no better and possibly worse than her.

**Stand fast the missquoted rapper

Latest Threads