Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme anti-Woke among the young

Are you sure that it's 4/5ths? I read somewhere that it was more like 80%

Er, yeah,

There's some pretty clever bods on this site - and many fecking cretins, you'll need to up your bantz quick mate before you get put into one or the other.... or you can bimble along as part of the mediocracy.

You decide.

ste14w

Old-Salt
Er, yeah,

There's some pretty clever bods on this site - and many fecking cretins, you'll need to up your bantz quick mate before you get put into one or the other.... or you can bimble along as part of the mediocracy.

You decide.
I won't need to do anything. You seem to be under the impression that I give a shiny sh*t what you or anybody else thinks about me. I don't. I'm not on here because I think that it's some sort of virtual popularity contest. I'll post, or respond, and you, and I, can agree or disagree, and that's it. I honestly don't care. So that we don't derail the thread, PM me if you so desire.

Yep, about that time when the CSEs were introduced and overlapped the GCEs (O Levels). I should've gone to a grammar - and sort of did. Unfortunately, some twat had reconfigured it as a comprehensive by the time I'd arrived. We were the first year of guinea pigs (1978 ) and there was this odd two-tier arrangement with the last two outgoing grammar streams. The difference was palpable. Utterly dreadful. The cnut who signed that off should've been shot.

I won't need to do anything. You seem to be under the impression that I give a shiny sh*t what you or anybody else thinks about me. I don't. I'm not on here because I think that it's some sort of virtual popularity contest. I'll post, or respond, and you, and I, can agree or disagree, and that's it. I honestly don't care. So that we don't derail the thread, PM me if you so desire.

Ha ha

I trying to help you, so that you didn't come across as being such a mong , but it's clear that you'll be with the cretins then, you over sensitive cock

Welcome aboard. Your seat is over there

And why the feck would I PM a drama queen .. more importantly why would you invite me to?.. there's no compo give out here for those with wailing victimitis La.

Last edited:

endure

GCM

ste14w

Old-Salt
Yep, about that time when the CSEs were introduced and overlapped the GCEs (O Levels). I should've gone to a grammar - and sort of did. Unfortunately, some twat had reconfigured it as a comprehensive by the time I'd arrived. We were the first year of guinea pigs (1978 ) and there was this odd two-tier arrangement with the last two outgoing grammar streams. The difference was palpable. Utterly dreadful. The cnut who signed that off should've been shot.
It was the first step to dumbing down the majority of the population. Looking at some of the things on these recent demonstrations, it obviously worked a treat.

Mattb

LE
Matthew
I have been here long enough to recognise a squirm when I see one.
So run out of actual counter-arguments then?

Let's just go through the checklist:
  • Criticise the maths - done, countered (to be fair, that appeared to be in good faith)
  • Sarcastic 'agreement' - done
  • Criticise the evidence - done, countered (yes, they may be imperfect but not out by a factor of 10 for murder - and no one's presented any better statistics)
  • Criticise my rhetorical style
  • Accuse me of 'squirming' (whatever that means)
Maybe some ad homs next? Perhaps you could somehow claim I'm 'playing the race card'?

Or maybe everyone can just move on and accept that there really aren't dozens of murders per week in London (indeed, the person who originally posted that figure accepted that a long time ago)

So run out of actual counter-arguments then?

Let's just go through the checklist:
  • Criticise the maths - done, countered (to be fair, that appeared to be in good faith)
  • Sarcastic 'agreement' - done
  • Criticise the evidence - done, countered (yes, they may be imperfect but not out by a factor of 10 for murder - and no one's presented any better statistics)
  • Criticise my rhetorical style
  • Accuse me of 'squirming' (whatever that means)
Maybe some ad homs next? Perhaps you could somehow claim I'm 'playing the race card'?

Or maybe everyone can just move on and accept that there really aren't dozens of murders per week in London (indeed, the person who originally posted that figure accepted that a long time ago)

I don't need any counter arguments.
I asked for a link to a source that wasnt behind a paywall
I provided a link to a Wiki page that you queried
I asked why in the Current Affairs section you decided to add a comedy video in the middle of discussing violent crimes in London.

Nice bullet points though, they make you look terribly efficient

Mattb

LE
I don't need any counter arguments.
I asked for a link to a source that wasnt behind a paywall
I provided a link to a Wiki page that you queried
I asked why in the Current Affairs section you decided to add a comedy video in the middle of discussing violent crimes in London.

Nice bullet points though, they make you look terribly efficient
And I pointed out that the relevant figures were free to view.

Good job I'm the only person who's made any sort of humorous response on this serious thread isn't it?

Rivetting as this exchange is, what was your point exactly?

I asked why you decided to put up a link to a comedy as part of a discussion on violence in London. You then got agitated. If you can't keep track over the last 2 pages then you should read them again.

TamH70

MIA
Handbag and slinging shit at each other thread is thataway, children. -->

ericferret

War Hero
It was the first step to dumbing down the majority of the population. Looking at some of the things on these recent demonstrations, it obviously worked a treat.

It wasn't just school exams. We were put in for City & Guilds Aeronautical Engineering.
The instructor told us not to worry about it as the pass mark was so low it was difficult to fail.
He reckoned the bottom end for a pass was about 30%.

That rather reminds me of my secondary school. It usually was well up in The Times top hundred schools list with a fair export to Oxbridge.
Unfortunately, my arrival coincided with the arrival of a "progressive" head master and the introduction , I think, of what was called the 16+ combined O' levels and CSEs.
The place went to ratsh*t immediately and continues to wash around the backside of league tables.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

philc

LE
I hope you passed your O level geography. Weren't you in the Merchant Navy?

When I started my Day Skipper course we each had to chat for 5 mins about ourselves, so I say I was in the Royal Navy for a while on the instructor is like oh well your do well on navigation, er no I will not I was a Weapon Engineer, I had no idea what the route was from A to B, I just wanted to know what time we docked and where the bars were.

Latest Threads