Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme anti-Woke among the young

Status
Not open for further replies.

ste14w

War Hero
Yes. See earlier point about disagreement (although it is getting rather meta at this point and wildly off-topic)
You mean the point that I read, digested, understood and replied to?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
That's correct, however the original post stated dozens per week, not month.

24 * 52 > 1200.

But stabbings and shootings - not fatalities.

ste14w

War Hero
To be fair they do mix it up and blame a lot of things on the Jews as well
Yep, got to agree with you on that one. Watching them squirming and hand wringing when they try to deny and wriggle out of it sometimes makes me glad that Labour exist. I soon get over those feelings though.

ste14w

War Hero
In fact it isn't dozens per week...

It is dozens per day!

About 40 per day.
Very good point. On my amended post, it is indeed dozens per day. The only good news is that many of the stabbers and shooters are stabbing and shooting other stabbers and shooters. But when BLM and certain politicians call for the police to have even less power, it's hardly going to have a positive effect on law and order.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

ste14w

War Hero
I see what you mean and fair enough. I came across the later edition.
My original post said dozens of murders per week. I amended it rather rapidly, after Mattb was kind enough to point out my mistake.

NSP

LE
Jo and Petunia.

Mind you the PIF ‘Lonely Water’ scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.
I remember a few of 'em giving me a severe dose of the screaming heebies, too.

Being in school in the '70s/80s and within blast, heat and "secondary effects" (read; radiation) range of any instant sunshine unleashed on Portland (which was still a major naval facility back then) we had lessons on The Bomb. We thus spent the years that should have been the best ones of our lives s***ting bricks over the - conditioned into our impressionable heads - imminent prospect of Andropov and subsequently Chernenko MIRV'ing us at any moment.

As Patrick Allen voiced for Frankie Goes to Hollywood: "Mine is the last voice you will ever hear." His series for HMG on "what to do when you hear the air attack warning" had a lot of us staying awake at night, too. R4 did a radio play of "When The Wind Blows" and that scared the crap out of us. Then we all convinced our parents to let us, based on the "exciting" trailers, watch Threads...

Last edited:
Very good point. On my amended post, it is indeed dozens per day. The only good news is that many of the stabbers and shooters are stabbing and shooting other stabbers and shooters. But when BLM and certain politicians call for the police to have even less power, it's hardly going to have a positive effect on law and order.

And that is why I hope that at least some of the younger generations see that being 'Woke' is, ultimately hopelessly utopian in nature and thus will always fail, and when it does its the less well off who suffer the most, be it economically or sociality.

Too my mind the very worst is there is a call from the 'Woke' many who proclaim their 'wokness' think its acceptable that encouraging a return too some racial segregation should be a thing again. And at the same time are quick to call the majority white supremacists. Baffling

NSP

LE
How many lives did it save? Is water safety awareness still an issue?
Well, since they stopped showing it and teaching kids to swim in school (?) there does seem to be a reasonably regular headline about someone coming a cropper in an old flooded quarry or other deep hole filled with water...

ste14w

War Hero

Being in school in the '70s/80s and within blast, heat and "secondary effects" (read; radiation) range of any instant sunshine unleased on Portland (which was still a major naval facility back then) we had lessons on The Bomb. We thus spent the years that should have been the best ones of our lives s***ting bricks over the - conditioned into our impressionable heads - imminent prospect of Andropov and subsequently Chernenko MIRV'ing us at any moment.

As Patrick Allen voiced for Frankie Goes to Hollywood: "Mine is the last voice you will ever here." His series for HMG on "what to do when you hear the air attack warning" had a lot of us staying awake at night, too. R4 did a radio play of "When The Wind Blows" and that scared the crap out of us. Then we all convinced our parents to let us, based on the "exciting" trailers, watch Threads...
Wasn't that banned when it first came out? Or was that the American one, the Day After or something like that. Or maybe both were. Bloody daft really when Frankie Goes to Hollywood were already telling us what was going to happen. And dancing while they were doing it.

Well, since they stopped showing it and teaching kids to swim in school (?) there does seem to be a reasonably regular headline about someone coming a cropper in an old flooded quarry or other deep hole filled with water...

Perhaps they're a bit cautious over swimming safety and what message they're really putting across after the Rolf Harris swimming videos encouraging kids to learn to swim

ste14w

War Hero
And that is why I hope that at least some of the younger generations see that being 'Woke' is, ultimately hopelessly utopian in nature and thus will always fail, and when it does its the less well off who suffer the most, be it economically or sociality.

Too my mind the very worst is there is a call from the 'Woke' many who proclaim their 'wokness' think its acceptable that encouraging a return too some racial segregation should be a thing again. And at the same time are quick to call the majority white supremacists. Baffling
The saddest part of all this is that an entire generation has grown up believing that deadly violence is normal. That generation is where the backlash will need to come from. As for certain minorities wanting segregation, well, there's plenty of room in Africa.

ste14w

War Hero
Perhaps they're a bit cautious over swimming safety and what message they're really putting across after the Rolf Harris swimming videos encouraging kids to learn to swim
And that fella from Coronation Street, Ken Whatsisname.

NSP

LE
Well it's certainly proof that it's nowhere near as dangerous as you first said it was, by roughly an order of magnitude.

Wise words Matt and I am sure the families of the victims would be comforted to know that violent crimes in London are not as serious as some folks would have us believe.

School boy mistake, trying to apply common sense and reason to -
XR
BLM
Momentum
* other cults available but not as loud *

Could use my favourite

Being in school in the '70s/80s and within blast, heat and "secondary effects" (read; radiation) range of any instant sunshine unleashed on Portland (which was still a major naval facility back then) we had lessons on The Bomb. We thus spent the years that should have been the best ones of our lives s***ting bricks over the - conditioned into our impressionable heads - imminent prospect of Andropov and subsequently Chernenko MIRV'ing us at any moment.

As Patrick Allen voiced for Frankie Goes to Hollywood: "Mine is the last voice you will ever hear." His series for HMG on "what to do when you hear the air attack warning" had a lot of us staying awake at night, too. R4 did a radio play of "When The Wind Blows" and that scared the crap out of us. Then we all convinced our parents to let us, based on the "exciting" trailers, watch Threads...
Watched ‘The War Game’ at college when it was still banned from the BBC and thought meh. Threads however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads