Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme anti-Woke among the young

ste14w

Old-Salt
So why the sarcasm?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think that somebody who initially writes a sarcastic and potentially, to some, insulting post would be upset by sarcasm. If your feelings have been hurt, I apologise.

Well it's certainly proof that it's nowhere near as dangerous as you first said it was, by roughly an order of magnitude.

So it's all fine and dandy that so knife crime only results in a little death, rather than serious or life changing injuries... Given that on one hand we are told that oppressive policing 'systemic white supremacy' and at the same the 'Police dont care about crime against minorities' which is it.

Also you might like to look at the context of of the post you had a dig at, which was in reply to mine about how the buffoons of the left are now screeching in 'Minneapolis' that the police dont police since the leftist running the city and the state are the very same leftist working too de-fund the police.

There have been similar calls by some within the broad BLM movement who want to see the same in London, because you know how it is with the oppressive 'systemic white supremacy' they are forced to live under. The very same oppressive institutions which 'Khan' has some control over.

But its academic as you seem to be searching for a chance to bleat that systemic racism is everywhere. Which one could say it is, how many leftist Labour Politicians constantly allude too white culture being the problem.

Answers on a Post card to PO Box, Screechy Race baiting Commies, SW1A 0PW

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Well it's certainly proof that it's nowhere near as dangerous as you first said it was, by roughly an order of magnitude.

With the greatest of respect 'roughly an order of magnitude' is as specious as the original claim which you, quite rightly, challenged.

I see that tart that’s married to George Clooney has resigned as ambassador for some woke b0ll0ccs or other

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
I can’t even remember her name. She’s just someone whose married to an actor as far as I’m concerned

Seems she was special envoy to the 2IC bog cleaner for media relations or some such...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I see that tart that’s married to George Clooney has resigned as ambassador for some woke b0ll0ccs or other

It was some form of ambassador-ship to champion the rights of oppressed journalists and she was upset by our approach to the EU.

Given her brief, I feel that she should have been more upset by the EU's approach to oppressing journalists:

ste14w

Old-Salt
So that's what that was all about? I've just read that and thought 'Who?'

Mattb

LE
With the greatest of respect 'roughly an order of magnitude' is as specious as the original claim which you, quite rightly, challenged.
I make it to be just over two murders per week (2.2ish).
Now "dozens" is a very vague term but you'd be hard pressed to argue that anything less than 24 counts as "dozens".

One order of magnitude less than 24 is precisely 2.4, which is slightly more than 2.2.

How is that specious?

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think that somebody who initially writes a sarcastic and potentially, to some, insulting post would be upset by sarcasm. If your feelings have been hurt, I apologise.
My feelings are fine. Sarcasm is generally held to indicate disagreement though, unless you've invented some new form of sarcastic but genuine agreement.

ste14w

Old-Salt
Now "dozens" is a very vague term but you'd be hard pressed to argue that anything less than 24 counts as "dozens".

One order of magnitude less than 24 is precisely 2.4, which is slightly more than 2.2.

How is that specious?

My feelings are fine. Sarcasm is generally held to indicate disagreement though, unless you've invented some new form of sarcastic but genuine agreement.
So you respond to a post that you considered sarcastic with sarcasm? Interesting.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

How is that specious?

Dozens of murders a month, albeit incurably hyberbolic, could refer to 24 - 288/year. Ten murders a month is... 10 murders a month therefore 120/year. To be out by an order of magnitude in the generally accepted use of the term would require a claim of at least 1,200 murders per year.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
I think Khan may not be as secure as he thinks he is, because of the sheer lawlessness in London now. The gang culture has gone way beyond the old punks and mods and rockers scene. They are literally stabbing/shooting dozens every week. People from all backgrounds are sickened by it and want something done. But, as you say, will they get out there and vote for change?

Notice how the original stabbings / shootings became murders...

"
In London, the only encouraging sign was an 18 per cent drop in fatal stabbings, which represented 16 fewer blade killings than the year before. But that still left a total of 71 knife homicides for the year.

The statistics also show there were 98 attempted knife murders, 805 threats to kill with a blade, and 166 rapes or sexual assaults by a knife-carrying attacker.

In addition there were 9,269 knife-point robberies in the capital and 4,671 crimes involving an “assault with injury or intent to cause serious harm” with a blade."

Even just from the knife crimes there are indeed dozens every week in stabbystan.

ste14w

Old-Salt
Notice how the original stabbings / shootings became murders...

"
In London, the only encouraging sign was an 18 per cent drop in fatal stabbings, which represented 16 fewer blade killings than the year before. But that still left a total of 71 knife homicides for the year.

The statistics also show there were 98 attempted knife murders, 805 threats to kill with a blade, and 166 rapes or sexual assaults by a knife-carrying attacker.

In addition there were 9,269 knife-point robberies in the capital and 4,671 crimes involving an “assault with injury or intent to cause serious harm” with a blade."

Even just from the knife crimes there are indeed dozens every week in stabbystan.
Those figures should make our leaders hang their heads in shame. Because the buck stops with them, they've allowed this to happen.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Dozens of murders a month, albeit incurably hyberbolic, could refer to 24 - 288/year. Ten murders a month is... 10 murders a month therefore 120/year. To be out by an order of magnitude in the generally accepted use of the term would require a claim of at least 1,200 murders per year.

Edited to add that, looking at the original post, the claim of shootings and stabbings was on a weekly basis not monthly so MattB is absolutely correct in that regard, however, the OP didn't specify fatality in his original post - that was a MattB build and therefore MattB is almost certainly wrong in that regard.

Mattb

LE
So you respond to a post that you considered sarcastic with sarcasm? Interesting.
Yes. See earlier point about disagreement (although it is getting rather meta at this point and wildly off-topic)

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Those figures should make our leaders hang their heads in shame. Because the buck stops with them, they've allowed this to happen.

In fact it isn't dozens per week...

It is dozens per day!

About 40 per day.

Mattb

LE
That's correct, however the original post stated dozens per week, not month.

24 * 52 > 1200.

But its academic as you seem to be searching for a chance to bleat that systemic racism is everywhere. Which one could say it is, how many leftist Labour Politicians constantly allude too white culture being the problem.

Answers on a Post card to PO Box, Screechy Race baiting Commies, SW1A 0PW

To be fair they do mix it up and blame a lot of things on the Jews as well

Latest Threads