Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extreme anti-Woke among the young

Inaction Man.

Its been done.

With this defect

86FF21CB-37DE-4514-BBA6-F989D2F45356.jpeg

Extinction Rebellion protesters need to start behaving like sensible adults rather than being a "complete pain in the neck", one of the country's most senior officers has said.
Sir Steve House, Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said tactics used by the group in which they deliberately go "floppy" when being arrested meant they were proving to be a "flipping nuisance" for officers.

That has to be the most strongly worded statement issued by the Met in decades.

ste14w

Old-Salt
Thank you for your service.
Oh, no, I didn't serve. I was merely a civilian labourer in an airborne underwater mess tin repair unit. But I suppose, in a way, that was a vital service.

aardvark64

War Hero
Yes. But with more of an anti social behaviour message like 'stop leaving your needles/ NO2 canisters/ litter everywhere ya little shits!'
Agreed, but it would have to be diverse, inclusive, post-truth and not moralistic in tone.

The 'Think Bike' campaign was simple and effective: they could almost re-run that now. Okay, there'd be a few sniggers about the vehicles involved, but the message is pretty clear.

ETA: now includes the previous post

Tyk

LE
Agreed, but it would have to be diverse, inclusive, post-truth and not moralistic in tone.

The 'Think Bike' campaign was simple and effective: they could almost re-run that now. Okay, there'd be a few sniggers about the vehicles involved, but the message is pretty clear.

ETA: now includes the previous post

I still clearly remember the think bike campaign and it certainly stuck with me. Possibly as my Dad who'd been a serious bike racer (we sold him for scrap value after the funeral) had indoctrinated me and would probably haunt me if I twatted some poor sod on a bike and I've known bikers all my life.

Those public information short films were actually pretty memorable and certainly served a purpose.

Did he follow it up by saying he's getting very cross and if it continues then they will be told off.

It seem that while it is about our colonial cousins, in "defund the police Minneapolis" and who insist in voting in 'the woke' are finding out some it will eventually have consequences. The comments are very telling.

It seem that while it is about our colonial cousins, in "defund the police Minneapolis" and who insist in voting in 'the woke' are finding out some it will eventually have consequences. The comments are very telling.

As said, they've made their bed... Don't vote for Lefties, they're a bunch of cnuts and can't run a bath - used to be mildly useful as an opposition but too extreme now, can't provide balance.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Very sad, but WTF is a Polar Nation?

Democrats - the American version of the Labour Party...

Extinction Rebellion protesters need to start behaving like sensible adults rather than being a "complete pain in the neck", one of the country's most senior officers has said.
Sir Steve House, Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said tactics used by the group in which they deliberately go "floppy" when being arrested meant they were proving to be a "flipping nuisance" for officers.

My African police used to laugh when they saw on TV news in their club in 1963, the met, complete with pointy hats gently lifting anti Vietnam war protestors in Grosvenor Sq. Asking me why the British didn't ask the NRP to help them. "We would soon stop this nonsense Bwana!"
They would have too, this is them ready for action ...

1600437391920.png

ste14w

Old-Salt
Did he follow it up by saying he's getting very cross and if it continues then they will be told off.
Ha, he'll write a strongly worded letter to the Guardian.

As said, they've made their bed... Don't vote for Lefties, they're a bunch of cnuts and can't run a bath - used to be mildly useful as an opposition but too extreme now, can't provide balance.
Tell me about it - the Green loonies have just retaken 'control' of Brighton council (after the Momentum leaning Labour group got caught tweeting anti-semitic messages) and they have already made their presence felt. New cycle lanes all over the place including one on the seafront road (alongside the pavement cycle lane that has always been more than adequate). Within a few weeks the road (a major throughroute) was gridlocked with emergency vehicles unable to get through and buses being rerouted. Within a couple of weeks it had been removed (don't worry, it's only taxpayers money). It will be a long hard winter in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Brighton with these clowns in 'charge'.

philc

LE
My African police used to laugh when they saw on TV news in their club in 1963, the met, complete with pointy hats gently lifting anti Vietnam war protestors in Grosvenor Sq. Asking me why the British didn't ask the NRP to help them. "We would soon stop this nonsense Bwana!"
They would have too, this is them ready for action ...

View attachment 505421

Subliminal messaging with the number plate?

Very sad, but WTF is a Polar Nation?

School nickname or the like. That she obliviously bleats about a situation she and others like her have created does fall into the 'Liberal Salty Tears' category.

As the UK rightly or wrong is down stream of US culture for good or bad, I hope that those who have and still do think about how they have allowed the local societal governance, too become both incompetent and now increasingly "woke", start to see 'there are consequences to their actions.

Of course sadly it may take more stupidity and increasing destruction of society until they do. That said London could send a message when Khan can no longer put off the elections for Mayor, but the deck is stacked somewhat or dare I say unlikely because of the politics of block voting and the like, against that happening.

Would they need to be remade? Could it be that overprotection from minor risks like grazes from falling mean that as people grow up they do not develop an understanding of their vulnerability or the ability to weigh up and judge risks?

How many lives did it save? Is water safety awareness still an issue?

Quite a few are still lost https://www.nationalwatersafety.org.uk/media/1005/uk-drowning-prevention-strategy.pdf
snip "On average 400 people drown in the UK each year and a further 200 people take their own lives on our waters."

Even in swimming pools
Swimming pool safety – drowning and children under five years | Making the Link
snip "Swimming pools, paddling pools and hot tubs can be dangerous places for children especially in the summer months.
Drowning is the second highest cause of accidental deaths of children under five years of age in England – an average of 12 children died each year between 2008 and 2014 and swimming pools are one of the three most common places for a young child to drown."

My first wife was a PE & Music teacher in a grammar school and knew these things and insisted all our boys could swim almost before they could walk, followed on by the RLSS life saving awards, with them all getting their Bronze medallions!

Latest Threads