Extreme anti-Woke among the young

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hollywood also terribly woke. Couple of movies I've watched recently are cringingly embarrassing in their attempts to push the agenda.
I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find any example of contemporary entertainment that doesn't seek to promote wokeness either directly or via story structure and casting, or both.

At least when Carl Foreman wrote the screenplay for Guns of Navarone, he balanced some of the preachier scenes with tacit approval of killing Germans, shooting spies and blowing things up.

pc flaps

Clanker
50% of the teachers in my primary school were blokes and I went to an all boys secondary school where all the staff were blokes. Most of them were all ex Forces in their 50s and 60s with the older lads serving in WW2. We did have Miss Farnon turn up in secondary school - she was a Latin mistress. Fit as. Christ knows what she was thinking about going to an all boys school in Sunderland......
Sent in by the LEA in a plot to get you to think Latin classes were worth attending!

ericferret

War Hero
Probably had much the same thoughts as Miss Parker, the English teacher at our comp in Middlesbrough; the irony of young girls being told off for their skirts being too short by a teacher wearing a miniskirt.

I'll be back in a few minutes.

Yes Miss Dawn, crocheted open weave blouse giving a glimpse of bra and contents.
Short skirt which when she sat on her desk gave us a nice view of her stocking tops and suspenders.
Problem was we were only 9 so it was of academic interest only.
Nevertheless the images have stuck for 50 years.

Annie Holgate Junior School, Hucknall, Nottinghamshire.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes Miss Dawn, crocheted open weave blouse giving a glimpse of bra and contents.
Short skirt which when she sat on her desk gave us a nice view of her stocking tops and suspenders.
Problem was we were only 7 so it was of academic interest only.
Nevertheless the images have stuck for 50years.
I think we need a new thread.

And tissues.

In my experience, and as an army brat I moved around and went to a few more than most, infant and primary schools were always female-dominated. The forces-run schools in Germany tended to have more males. My last, in Middlesbrough, had from memory just two male teachers and a male head (who was absolutely idolised by all; I was messaging with a friend from school just a few weeks back and she mentioned how she "adored Mr Lake's assemblies").

But that was mid 1970s/early 1980s. I'm talking about 20 years on, when things seemed to have got more overtly political.

This is derailing the thread, though.
Couple of male teachers in primary school, one being the maths teacher. I was bored shitless in his class and would read a book under the desk on my lap. He'd spend the lesson bombarding me with chalk and heavy wooden blackboard dusters.

Eventually he just lost it with me and another bloke and would send us out to wash his car (Ford Capri) while he taught the rest. Got caned pretty much every time the headmaster saw us in the parking area washing his car, and then sent out to finish the job.

ugly

LE
The point? That the media are out of kilter with the population, every bit as much as the politicians. The other point? That in the situation we're drifting towards, he made a brave play in being honest with me, a stranger. We are reaching a point where people are talking about things in hushed tones in their own houses. We are reaching a point of totalitarianism - at least in the media.
You see this when the BBC national news goes on about the latest (allegedly) dance craze etc and then proceeds to waste airtime showing clips of "LAME" types attempting to audition for their 15 seconds of fame!
Frankly the rest of us don't care, would rather you spent less of our money and delivered a better service.
When the BBC News website has a section at the bottom of its pages on why you can trust the BBC News then you can understand why perhaps you shouldn't!

Have you seen the YouTube videos with Christina Hoff Summers? She has written and spoken about this extensively. For example, she concludes that one of the reasons boys perform worse than girls at reading is because the books offered are unappealing to them. I have mentioned this on the education standards thread.

All part of an anti male drive?
Women seek conformity and anyone who has had a female boss, can attest to the critical survival tactic of agreeing with anything she says, as a matter of course.... I suspect, the woke is driven by the same hostility to alternative viewpoints, because its weaponised by female conformity.

ugly

LE
It got her 3 years inside so possibly yes.
Wonder what the tariff is for a 'Miss Stalin' contest?
It didn't get her anything, membership of the proscribed group did!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
When the BBC News website has a section at the bottom of its pages on why you can trust the BBC News then you can understand why perhaps you shouldn't!
Perhaps people should be thinking about why it feels the need to state/assert.

If it felt it was so right, it wouldn't need to challenge the challengers - or, more correctly, get its retaliation in first.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find any example of contemporary entertainment that doesn't seek to promote wokeness either directly or via story structure and casting, or both.

At least when Carl Foreman wrote the screenplay for Guns of Navarone, he balanced some of the preachier scenes with tacit approval of killing Germans, shooting spies and blowing things up.
Documentary channel is pretty good on Sky. Not much time for Woke b0ll0cks on air crash investigation, a variety of alien theory programmes, restoration of cars, bikes, clocks, tanks etc or WW2/Korea/'Nam history channel. It's what we watch mostly these days. Adverts are now 'switch channel' as they are full of lesbians/gays/trans/mixed race married couples smiling and beaming away at fairy liquid or whatever.

The Mrs put that garden restoration thing on this morning to avoid Breakfast TV/news with a 19 stone Charlie Dimmock on. Guess what at the end when the householders came to see the job they'd done? Yup. Little blonde cute mrs, great big black bloke and a three year old child of the happy couple. Mrs said 'FFS' and switched it off. cant even watch a fcuking gardening programme without the w@nk

There is some about, I watched "The Boys" season1 and surprised myself by enjoying it. The premise is that Superheroes were created by a corporation to "save the world" and make a pile of money doing it whilst a dozy populace obsessed with social media and believing what they are told cheer them on. A group of citizens with shady pasts are trying to take them down for various personal reasons led by Karl Urban playing a foul mouthed Brit hard bastard called Billy Butcher who says **** a lot.
I haven't seen it yet but the trailer for season two has Billy Butcher killing a whale with a speedboat (on purpose), not very woke I am sure you agree.

I've experienced more racism from asians and blacks than from whites. Yes, asians are racist towards their own kind, super tribal people. Blacks are racist against everyone.
I know a Pakistani guy in Plymouth who runs an Indian restaurant staffed by Bangladeshis who he pays peanuts and treats like shit.

Oi! I'm middle-class!

We shop at Waitrose and I have some clothes from Boden and everything.

Bourgeois, running lapdog, erm...enemy of the people... erm....opportunist!

There - that's told him!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
There is some about, I watched "The Boys" season1 and surprised myself by enjoying it. The premise is that Superheroes were created by a corporation to "save the world" and make a pile of money doing it whilst a dozy populace obsessed with social media and believing what they are told cheer them on. A group of citizens with shady pasts are trying to take them down for various personal reasons led by Karl Urban playing a foul mouthed Brit hard bastard called Billy Butcher who says **** a lot.
I haven't seen it yet but the trailer for season two has Billy Butcher killing a whale with a speedboat (on purpose), not very woke I am sure you agree.
Personally, I loved 'The Durrells' and I'm enjoying the re-make of 'All Creatures Great and Small'; which is no small feat to reproduce to the quality of its predecessor (at least the early series) and requires a high degree of craft from all involved.

I'm fed up of all the ultra-violent tripe, served up by snowflake creatives, which bears no relation to reality and merely represents the hyper-sadistic fantasies and perennial viciousness of the over-privileged, unchallenged, unworldly and terminally safe creatures who produce such shoite.

Luckily the rest of us give them a stiff ignoring!
Isn’t that part of the problem though?

By ignoring it / not challenging it, the Woke see it as affirmation? I’m as “cowardly” as the next bloke and unless I’m feeling particularly bloody minded tend to opt for the easy life and not challenge these misconceptions, never mind the downright perverting of fact.

If you do challenge you can be sure of a torrent of abuse but no substantial argument based on reality. An illustration of this is my brother and I exchanging views on Facebook. He is a supporter of Corbyn and by default, every cause that goes with it. I’m the polar opposite. We are brothers above all and debate the point, not the poster. Where it gets interesting is when his Facebook mates chime in to support his view by abusing me, whom they’ve never met.

The Herd Mentality, hopelessly mired in dogma and devoid of the ability to debate.

Regarding the original article in the OP, I’m quite pleased to see this and wholly unsurprised. I’ve been called into school to be lectured by my youngest’s form tutor on her “unacceptable” opinions. The tutor is of that brand of political indoctrinator who has never operated outside of education and believes her role in life is to teach kids what to think, not how to think. Because my daughter isn’t being taught this at school, I’ve done it because impeccable political reliability doesn’t get her through job interviews, even now. The tutor knows this and sees my daughter’s independent thought as a challenge.

The incident in question? A multi cultural open day in which only non white, non Christian kids were allowed a platform to put forward their views. Fair enough, kids need to see all views. One of these kids harangued the audience on the use of the term “n***er” and how it was offensive. Fair enough again. The issue my daughter challenged was when the speaker went on to say that “only niggers can use the term n***er” by asking why that made it inoffensive in that context when it was otherwise offensive?

It probably wasn’t helped by the fact she got a round of applause but there you go.

The debate was instantly shut down by the tutor, I can only assume because she knew damned well there was no answer. No challenge = acceptance as gospel?

Personally, I loved 'The Durrells' and I'm enjoying the re-make of 'All Creatures Great and Small'; which is no small feat to reproduce to the quality of its predecessor (at least the early series) and requires a high degree of craft from all involved.

I'm fed up of all the ultra-violent tripe, served up by snowflake creatives, which bears no relation to reality and merely represents the hyper-sadistic fantasies and perennial viciousness of the over-privileged, unchallenged, unworldly and terminally safe creatures who produce such shoite.
Think of the boys as a shot against marvel and DC

ugly

LE
I once in sympathy expressed a view to a fellow female commuter that I pitied all the heavily pregnant women struggling into work.
I was subjected to ten minutes of pure man hate!
I won’t be offering my seat again

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn’t that part of the problem though?

By ignoring it / not challenging it, the Woke see it as affirmation? I’m as “cowardly” as the next bloke and unless I’m feeling particularly bloody minded tend to opt for the easy life and not challenge these misconceptions, never mind the downright perverting of fact.

If you do challenge you can be sure of a torrent of abuse but no substantial argument based on reality. An illustration of this is my brother and I exchanging views on Facebook. He is a supporter of Corbyn and by default, every cause that goes with it. I’m the polar opposite. We are brothers above all and debate the point, not the poster. Where it gets interesting is when his Facebook mates chime in to support his view by abusing me, whom they’ve never met.

The Herd Mentality, hopelessly mired in dogma and devoid of the ability to debate.

Regarding the original article in the OP, I’m quite pleased to see this and wholly unsurprised. I’ve been called into school to be lectured by my youngest’s form tutor on her “unacceptable” opinions. The tutor is of that brand of political indoctrinator who has never operated outside of education and believes her role in life is to teach kids what to think, not how to think. Because my daughter isn’t being taught this at school, I’ve done it because impeccable political reliability doesn’t get her through job interviews, even now. The tutor knows this and sees my daughter’s independent thought as a challenge.

The incident in question? A multi cultural open day in which only non white, non Christian kids were allowed a platform to put forward their views. Fair enough, kids need to see all views. One of these kids harangued the audience on the use of the term “n***er” and how it was offensive. Fair enough again. The issue my daughter challenged was when the speaker went on to say that “only niggers can use the term n***er” by asking why that made it inoffensive in that context when it was otherwise offensive?

It probably wasn’t helped by the fact she got a round of applause but there you go.

The debate was instantly shut down by the tutor, I can only assume because she knew damned well there was no answer. No challenge = acceptance as gospel?
Cowardly? Isn’t it interesting how ‘Silence is violence’ is okay when it suits some of the more progressive types, and yet objecting to their excesses is ‘prejudice‘?

As for that teacher, she illustrates - here it comes - unconscious bias.

Yes, it exists but, again, in obverse forms to those which the people who scream most loudly about it claim it does.

Latest Threads