Extras making a come back?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Ventress, Oct 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Just heard the good old fashion 'extra' has been returned to the RSMs tool bag. Be it under a different name!

Wonder if the'good hiding behind the garages' will?

2. I heard this one a few weeks ago and thought to myself then "about fcuking time".

Apparently, the recipient has a "reasonable time" to appeal. It was put to me that a reasonable time was between 1700 when the badge man dished them out and 0800 the next day when the naughty boy tipped up at the Guard Room in nicely pressed combats.

Too reasonable I reckon, the time between copping the extras and geting to the block to get changed would be far more reasonable :D

Wonder what they'll bring back next? Having to address people by rank instead of first names, getting 252'd for gobbing off at NCO's? Fcuk me, anyone would think that they were in the Army :D

3. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

I have "heard" that the rules of disciplining have had a major overhaul as per new AGAI due out soon. The main points being that NCOs, (JNCO/SNCO) can give extra parades to the men as transgressions arise thus givin more power to them as NCOs. It could possibly be abused by the newer Lance Jacks however i believe that this is long overdue.

4. been out some time now but what sanctions where used for minor infractions without extras?

5. GunnersQuadrant

Depends on the unit, the odd "parade behind the guard" was always a favourite

6. I fcuking knew it, dirty shirtlifter :D

Quoted before he has a chance to edit :D

7. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Getting extras is fine if:

a. you done the crime - do the time
    b. the Badge forgets it once the extra(s) are complete and not carried on like some f*ckwits have done in the past.

8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Huzza! I'm an extra - with 2020 Casting http://www.2020casting.com/about/aboutus.asp

- can I expect more work as a result ??? :wink:

( er....shome mishtake shurely ? Ed )

" and cue.....Goatman << BA_A_A_A_AH! >>

Le Chevre

9. Agreed, I also hope that some realistic amounts have been thought up. I remember getting 15 for an extremely minor incident when i was a siggie. I was told i was lucky to get away with the extras (i'd have probably got a small fine from the OC). Then i carried them out, day on day off for a month. Absolutely fcuking soul destroying, and taught me no lesson whatsoever except that my Tp SSgt was (and remains) a complete nosher.

Boney

10. bring back the shell :twisted:

11. Or the "kiss of the lash"!?

12. Extras? I've had em and shat em! remember ladies and gents, although "extras" may seem to be an infringement on "personal" time, YOU ARE STILL GETTING PAID !!!! lol so its a piece of pish really. better that than get whacked with a milfine. Mind you saying that I reckon the old "bottle of port" "crate" or the " brace up, im going to hit you hard and you will say thankyou sir" always were fairer, and i believe would have cut out the paperwork too lol.

13. Now that:

a) worked
    b) brought back painful memories :D

14. GunnersQuadrant

Its easy to edit someone elses posts when you quote them, just like this.

Behave yourself. :D