Extra Wide Boots....

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by 7191, Aug 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...any one know of any?? Both black and brown. Altberg wide not wide enough and I think I would have to sell every possession I have to have them make custom boots. Are Lowa Mountains wide enough for my 110mm wide flippers??

2. Are you serving?

If so, there is a service answer for your special feet, which involves the MO and the QM. If you are not serving, best start saving for either boots, or surgery.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Get a size bigger and learn that every shoe you buy will need to stretch over time. I've had it all my life, good eh?

4. Lowas are not your friend im afraid to say they are quite narrow in comparison. Altberg is defiantly your best bet !

5. This.

If going up a size for your wide trotters doesn't work for you as it fortunately does for me then just get a chit from the MO so you can get issued a few gucci pairs of boots.

6. You may also want to look at the US issue boots (Belleville, Bates, Corcoran etc) they have an extra wide fitting. You may find it difficult to get any this side of the pond (save for eBay and a lot of postage) but worth a look. I have a pair of Belleville Gortex desert boots in an extra wide fitting and they are sure bliss to wear.

7. How many toes exactly?

8. you can easily get a good pair of BW boots from Haix in size 290x112 or even x114 (both are UK size 11)

9. Try these you ******* freak.

clown.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

OP are you serving? If so the DS answer is the MO and a chitty for being a fat footed freak, if not tthen please start saving. If in the meantime a pair is needed, Johnspeed do a nice lightweight walking boot in brown which is fairly wide, its quite soft and stretched so wide I was sliiding round in them and cost me abot 40 quids. Lasted 6 months of daily use which is about right!