Extra Troops To Afghanistan Official Statement

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by H_FLASHMAN, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Sounds like another inf battle group. Any news on who it will be?
  2. Oh deepest of joys. Just as our troops are looking forward to returning from Iraq they can go on another all expenses paid trip to another place. Will they have all the equipment they require or will it provided once the Govt have haggled with Draysons companies and be kept in the "pipeline"?
  3. The announcement made on the same day The Rifles are formed. 1 Rifles are going to come under 3 Commando Brigade. The brigade just happens to be in 'Stan at the moment.......................2 + 2 = ?

Whoever it is, all the best.
  4. B Coy 2RRF have just gone over and i belive the rest of the Bn are on standby/notice to move
  5. From a leak last week, but yet to be confirmed:

6. I must admit I had heard the Woofers rumour, probably from the same source as PB and others
  7. Heard the Woofers thing too, guess we'll just have to wait out
  8. Whoever is going. Godspeed and return safely.
  9. Some units have been increasing their numbers and sending formed sub-units out there "on the quiet" for the past month or so. The soldiers still do a 6 month tour but overlap with the planned roulement. It allows them to maintain some knowledge and experience out on the ground.

As well as combat power I expect there may be a marked increase in the amount of soldiers conducting training and mentoring tasks for the ANA.

The extra troops required may be in response to Cmd 12 Mech Bdes request which was covered in the MEDIA and on a thread on ARRSE in November.

Edited to add media link.
  10. I agree.

Good luck boys
  11. Absolutely
  12. 1 Royal Anglian and the Guards are definatly going, the Vikings have had it plastered all over their website for months.
    The Woofers are a late addition.

My old section commander is now the RSM of 1 Royal Anglian and i wish the lads well. I know they they wil put in a good performance.

13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Written ministerial statement to House of Commons here.

all sorts, inc RAF Regt and elements of the professional tankies.

Godspeed boys and girls and safe home.

Don Cabra
  14. Good Luck all of you esp all the guys i know in R Anglian

I found out they were to be deployed in July last year (or heard it roumered) so why have they only just announced it?