Extra Sockets

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
It is done... nothing has exploded, melted or caused me to have 240v spasms with frizzy smoking hair.

View attachment 354369

it was one of those jobs I wish I'd never started though. I am now off to buy a cement mixer to knock up a tonne or two of polyfilla as I had to hack into the wall in three places to clear a cable path between the two sockets.

It's probably one of those jobs that one doesn't learn from... no doubt the next room will get the same treatment. None of the rooms have enough sockets, never mind sockets in the right places. Two singles, one each on opposite walls in each of the bedrooms originally.
Go to the builders merchants and get a tub of ready mixed joint cement/ filler , if you have cut into the masonery buy a of Hardwall cement, spray water on the brickwork first and as it dries as otherwise hardwall can crack away as it dries

Go to the builders merchants and get a tub of ready mixed joint cement/ filler , if you have cut into the masonery buy a of Hardwall cement, spray water on the brickwork first and as it dries as otherwise hardwall can crack away as it dries
How does it dry if you keep it wet?:?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
How does it dry if you keep it wet?:?
you soak the bricks first to help it bond then using one of those bottles that contains window cleaner just give it a squirt every 20 minutes or so
it dries by a chemical reaction anyway
if you dont wet the existing masonery the cement dries too quick and pulls away

Fooking sparkies smearing Polyfilla everywhere.

Browning coat to fill the bulk of the gap (remembering to satisfy the porosity of the substrate) recessed to allow a quick skim of finishing Then a bit of light sanding to blend it all in or just skim the whole wall and do the job proper.
Which will be probably cheaper than the shedload of filler, even if you are chucking half a bag away.