'extra' kit for the pre AACC down at chivenor

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Bob-Palmer, Feb 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the thread title states, apart from a second rollmat, an old frock and a sense of humour what will I be expected/ recommended to buy for the course? As far as boots go I will probably just griz it in issue boots however extra ideas for kit I.E. will I need a Silva MILS compass etc?

2. If it hasn't changed, you'll have about 6-8 weeks at Chiv before heading to CTCRM, plenty of time to sort stuff out. It's up to your training team tbh; on my AACC, my Cpl's preferences were different to the other section's.

3. Fair play, Any little hints or bits of advice on kit/revision of skills/fitness you may wish to share possibly?

4. make sure you take with you some biceps for the rope climbing fun and heaves. Oh and a good set of legs for running, when I did pre AACC in 1995, I did the first arrival BFT in approx 8 mins and came 3rd from last! The PT SSGT laughed at me for my weakness.

5. Square away your rope skills; however, the one thing I will say for the Chiv Pre-AACC is that you won't get to course without being able to do bottom-field pass-out levels of rope work.

And if you're doing it with the RE, bring a sense of humour and a lot of luck. I think about 1/3 of my course were Med RTU'd for D&V, I was Med RTU'd for a fucked shoulder.

6. A fetish for pushing a pink wheelbarrow, while wearing pink body armour and helmet too (no idea why they do this but the poor sod doing it is always at the back of the troop).

7. Fixed that for you.

8. Cheers. :D