Extra 10% off all AKU Pilgrim Boots until the end of May at Trekitt - Voucher Code Inside

Trekitt

Sponsor
Sponsor
PIlgrim.jpg

Get an extra 10% off all AKU Pilgrim Boots until the end of May 2019

Use Voucher Code 'PILGRIM10' during the checkout on the Trekitt website to claim your extra 10% off the already discounted price.

SHOP NOW

Don't forget to tell all your mates!

In other news:
The new AKU Pilgrim DS Combat MOD Brown will be arriving soon! Click here, select your size and get notified as soon as they come into stock.

"The official MOD version of the renowned AKU Pilgrim DS, designed specifically for use in desert terrain. Unlined for extreme breathability and quick drying and with stability and support guaranteed through the IMS system."

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Someone i work with got thd issue akus. His view is they have been massed produced to meet the demand of the mod and lack the quality of the originally purchased versions.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Someone i work with got thd issue akus. His view is they have been massed produced to meet the demand of the mod and lack the quality of the originally purchased versions.
That's a given though as the MOD would never spec something to retail standard, nor would retail standard necessarily meet the MOD requirements for protection etc.

I've got three different pairs of Pilgrims - MK1, MK2 and the issue ones and whilst the issues ones are clearly different in numerous ways, they wear just as well and are just as comfortable, and I wear them every day.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's a given though as the MOD would never spec something to retail standard, nor would retail standard necessarily meet the MOD requirements for protection etc.

I've got three different pairs of Pilgrims - MK1, MK2 and the issue ones and whilst the issues ones are clearly different in numerous ways, they wear just as well and are just as comfortable, and I wear them every day.
'Them' Walt :p

Agree, have a pair I used regularly for 11 years now and still going strong. That's including 6 doing the hostile environment lark. One of our guys bought one of the newer versions and blew them out within 18 months. Only thing I've had to change on mine is the laces twice.

Despite being issued by the SQMS to some people they are then being told from above that they can't wear them as well, make sense of that one!

I rotate between Pilgrims (spring/summer) & Altberg (Autum/winter) with the exception of old Hiax for range work when needed.

Took long enough to find a system that works for me however it's still premature to judge AKU although it's looking promising.

Are the boots your buy off the website the exact ones that are issued? If so they have an incredible mark up as the MOD buy them for around £50.

Having a old pair of Black pilgrims these issues boots are no where near as good as the actual bought ones.

Would hate to be splashing £150 on them that's for sure, a good pair of Lowa or Altverg for that price and they will be a far better boot.

Latest Threads